Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Severe Waves of Nausea! Really need advice!

*Just for girls*
    SO it's the day that I am supposed to be starting my period (according to my Birth Control pills) and I've been experienceing severe bouts of nausea everytime I eat. I also have absolutly no appetite and food grosses me out. It happened to me once at lunch and it went away after about 30 minutes of suffering. During the time I wasnt eating I just felt kind of "off" but not severly nauseous. Then when I ate dinner, I was able to eat for a little bit but then halfway through the meal it hit me again and I couldnt eat anymore. I took a ginger root pill both times and I drank a little ginger ale. Now, I always get nauseous on my period so that is why I am not completely frekaing out. But I'm still worried that it could be something else since I havent started my period yet... I feel like I would have v* by now if I had a sv or food poisoning but idk...the nausea is so bad that I am still worried Like I said it goes in intense waves and when it's bad it's BAD but for some reason it doesnt really feel like a sv like I dont know I havent had one in 12 years but still it feels like something else. However I am still worried that I could v* even if it was just period because I know that that happens to some women. Any advice?

Default Re: Severe Waves of Nausea! Really need advice!

How long have you been on birth control? When I was on it I was extremely nauseous for the first month or two.

I've been on it for a long time now. Over a year so it's not that. Like I said I always get nauseous around my period, usually on the first day but this time it's just really bad so I'm worried.

That's how I feel today! I just got my period and I keep getting waves of nausea and I get really hot :/ I always feel very nauseous when I first get my period and sometimes I'll feel like that before I even get it. So maybe that's just what it is and you'll feel better soon

DO you think that that is just what it is? Because I am really nervous! The only thing that is making me feel better about it is that I feel like I would have v*ed by now if it was a flu or something. I'm so worried because the sv is going around! Gah! I hate this time of year (and month haha).

It could be. You have nooo idea how many times I felt sooooo sick the day before my period and I would have no idea I was getting it and is freak out and I wouldn't get sick and the next day I get it and I'm like ooh well that's why I felt that way. Periods are the worst!! I hope you start feeling better! I'm having such terrible cramps right now :/ lol
    And I know what you mean about it being that time of the year...it's scary it makes me feel like any little thing I'm feeling its a s.v.