Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking A Little Venting Time

So, for once, this isn't me panicking like a scared little girl hiding under my bed because somebody's sick, and hopefully I didn't just wreck myself and get jinxed bad.... lol
    This is me just saying, everybody's sick. By everybody, I mean every kid I know. Now, me being the Nanny here, and babysitting the children of every family member and family friend in our circle, that's a LOT of kids, and I talk to or see the kids and parents all the time, so I know that the inevitable always happens, they get sick. Seems like if there were a mandatory weekly update to post family health, there would be at least one sick child in each family.
    Kids are seriously the germiest critters I've ever come across, and it's crazy how in the blink of an eye, they come down with one thing or another. Take this weekend for example, I was at a party for a family friend, there were 5 kids there under age 12. Of those five kids, one was on medication for pink eye, another had an ear infection, somebody else had just finished strep, and the stomach bug had just left another child three days before. One of the five kids was actually healthy at the moment, and it was only because she's my sister and the oldest of the kids so she knows her germs and is more cautious when it comes to touching things and touching her face and such. Even today in five minutes, count them, FIVE, I saw more sick kids than I would like to admit. I was walking my kiddo Matt into his primary school, which is Kindergarten and first grade, and as he walked up the steps next to me he was sneezing, a couple of the kids behind us were clearing their throats and coughing, and a buy ran across our path into the school holding a garbage can of regurgitated breakfast from the bus ride. In five minutes, colds, sniffles, puking kids, all headed into that same vat of disaster at the school.... it's no wonder why they're always sick and swimming in grossness. Thank god there are teachers and a school nurse there that promote using a pump of hand sanitizer before going to lunch, and there are sinks in the back of the classrooms for lord knows what, otherwise it would really truly be a zoo!!

Just me, venting, feel free to add or comment

Default Re: A Little Venting Time

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRoo View Post
    (...)
    Kids are seriously the germiest critters I've ever come across, and it's crazy how in the blink of an eye, they come down with one thing or another.
    Hahah, that's such a good way to put it they are germy critters.

Cynna, it's just the local school district, there's a 24 hour fever free policy here too but even without the fever they're still gonna be oozing germies on each other! I've been in my kiddo's class before so I know that they wash their hands or use the big pump of sanitizer before lunchtime, and most kids use the sanitizer before snack time too, and there's the sink that the kids use too, but a lot of times when they think they're washing their hands they're just playing in the warm water LOL
    AoD, it's really how it works. My four year old critter Matt is just hilariously germy, I have him wash his hands after he comes home from school just because, yuck, he's a little boy, if he could chew on his sneaker he would, he's just a little messy ball of boy haha

Rosie this is such a good post! Made me laugh a lot and it's really nice to hear you talking about it like this and sounding so cool about it! Go you! :-) I'n babysitting tonight - no illness as far as I know but every kid in the school has nits right now! Makes me itchy just thinking about it! (and the wee one I look after had to go to casualty this morning to get her eye checked because they managed to get nit cream in it and she couldn't see anything!). Gotta love children!

@kam thanks! I've honestly though about comedic writing, because I've been told before that I'm a good laugh I am cool about it as long as nobody I'm closely interacting with has a tummy thing.... I'm all big balls and full of confidence until somebody says tummy ache, and then I'm a toddler again!! Ahh.... nits, lice, the head creepies, those are terrible!! My sis and I had a bad case of them probably five years ago.... was HORRIBLE to get rid of. Just put your hair up and when sitting on their furniture don't lay your head on the back of the chairs/couch and such, probably a good idea to change out of your clothes when you get home too, because those little head bugs are nasty! Kids are just really needy, cute disasters!!

You should defi do some comedic writing! That'd be a wicked career :-) Think it's looking like I'm gonna be nit combing my hair at 2am when I finally finish babysitting. Monster girl stole my hair bobble from my tied up hair and I'm fairly sure I'll have picked them up. Bleurgh but never mind can totally handle nits over a sv! :-)

Maybe I'll start writing and posting somewhere, no idea
    Good luck with the nits.... they're a bear to deal with. If you wash your hair daily and blow dry on hot it should help to kill it off. Other than that, change your pillowcase often and use a small nozzle on your vacuum cleaner to suck off your furniture. If need be, buy the nit shampoo, and there's a furniture spray too. Good luck with the creepy crawlies!!

In my old school, we were made to wash our hands before break and lunch and there were also hand sanitizer pumps everywhere you looked! Hygiene was VERY important to our head mistress, and most of the children at my school were really really clean. I guess I was really lucky!

gson wow, you are lucky!! our local school district in town is average about cleanliness, when I was little I was still part of the "shut up and rub some dirt on it" method, so I washed up on my own accord. after the whole H1N1 thing, the school had a period of going TOTALLY nuts and putting hand sanitizer everywhere you looked, but since the scare several years ago, now it's just wash up before lunch and at the bathroom, and they encourage hand sanitizer after you sneeze but they're four and five years old and it's hard enough to get them to sit still let alone keep up with adult standard hygiene!

good sweet lord Cynna..... good luck! I walked Matt into his school this morning again and standing on the edge of the bus loop there was a little boy surrounded by teachers looking pretty pasty white.... Not sure if he was sick, or if he was new to the school or he had gotten off at the wrong school (might've been headed to the elementary school and got off too soon) but all I do know is that for a few minutes, I was real uneasy that this sick kid was going into the same school where my kiddo was going to be spending his day.... he's probably okay, but, lordy, freaks me out bad.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LOL! Kids are "germ gremlins" I call them. I have 2 boys ages 13 and 8 and if their fingers aren't in their noses or mouths they are in others noses and mouths!! I am on them constantly to gel/wash their hands especially after school and before meals. Hopefully they will grow out of this phase soon!! They have a 2yr old sister and she needs to stay healthy!!!

jayn I nanny for two boys, 8 and 5 years old..... they're gross sticky little disasters, but I love them to bits anyways. their fingers are in their noses, picking at something, itching their butts (yes at that early of an age), picking their teeth, their hands always have to be doing something I guess! I've also got an 11 year old sister, who is better than the two heathen boys, but not by much! I imagine it's just a phase of grossness, seems we all pass through it at one point or another, we've just got to deal. Hope your daughter stays healthy, best of luck!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My god am I glad I don`t work around children! I`d never take a job working with such disease carriers no matter how much they offered me!

Quote Originally Posted by RosieRoo View Post
    jayn I nanny for two boys, 8 and 5 years old..... they're gross sticky little disasters, but I love them to bits anyways. their fingers are in their noses, picking at something, itching their butts (yes at that early of an age), picking their teeth, their hands always have to be doing something I guess! I've also got an 11 year old sister, who is better than the two heathen boys, but not by much! I imagine it's just a phase of grossness, seems we all pass through it at one point or another, we've just got to deal. Hope your daughter stays healthy, best of luck!!
    I'm pretty sure it's just a phase. Little kids are icky enough but little boys are just so gross, though in a way, I love that about them. I love spending time with my friend's boys, they eat the worst stuff, they throw dirt at each other and put just about ANYTHING in their mouths, and scratch their butts, bite their nails and pick their noses like yours. I think it's awesome that you nanny for them!
    Come visit my history blog:

wooooow thanks Kaydee? Lol those are the things about boys that drive me nuts!! But I do love them so I guess it helps As far as boys go, these two are fairly clean, but they are nothing like girls in the fact that they are so chill and so easy to please!!

The wee girl I look after had her foot practically in my mouth last night! And she licked me! Don't you love kids! :-)

kam that's CRAZY but somehow I find myself loving them too! it's those moments when they're all sweet and snuggly and everything is going right and they tell you they like you or do something adorable. those teeny little spurts of time make you forget EVERYTHING bad about them....

It's so true! I actually do love her to bits. She told me I was her favourite old person yesterday (I'm choosing to take it as a compliment!) :-)

awwww kam that's exactly what I mean kiddos are gross and disgusting and terrifyingly germy almost every single minute of the day, then out of the blue it doesn't even matter because for five minutes they're looking at you with the big eyes and are cute as can be!! darn their charm!! I'm my boys' favorite too, even though they're 4 and 8, they have a 22 year old sister as well, and I'm the cooler one because I used to take karate and I brought my gear over. I love being the favorite!!!

Haha me too! It makes me feel special lol

i've probably mentioned before that my brother has autism- and he has no fricking clue about hygiene! he's a 3 year old in a 13 year olds body and i love him to bits, he still does these adorable things and is like a bouncing puppy. my only complaint would be the revolting things he does everyday- picking his nose and eating it, chewing shopping trolley handles, picking old gum off the footpath, never washing his hands properly, sniffing his farts, and- this is the worst bit- "catching" a fart. if you get what i mean. he's built up a pretty good immune system

How does one "catch" a fart? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    How does one "catch" a fart? LOL
    ^^ hahaha ohh god its actually the grossest thing ive ever seen-
    if he's about to fart, he'll put his hand in his pants, so he can uhmm "catch" it, then snif his hand because he seems to like the smell of them.

haha, sorry you asked twinmom?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    My son has autism. It is sometimes really interesting to see ones who look at the world differently. Have they figured out something that we may have missed?
    im always wondering that cynna, and also how they think, and why they get scared by some things. their highs are really high and the lows... you'd know about about those!