Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi

I found this site a couple of months ago (much to my relief) and was amazed to find that there were so many others having emet (it was also how I discovered that my phobia had a name). Like yourselves I thought that I was the only person in the world who suffered with this.

I was so happy to read all of your stories and feel that I wasn't alone but I was getting paranoid that the site was making me worse. Did any of you guys feel the same at first?

I have had this now for 16 years, I am 26 now. I have tried allsorts of treatment over the years inclusive of CBT, Hypotherapy, Therapy & Antidepressants. I found Hypotherapy was effective with my panic attacks and Agoraphobia but CBT was a waste of time.

I last vomited 6 years ago and before that my record was 10 years.Vomiting did not cure my phobia, however I vomited by choice and didn't stop myself as this was during the time of my Hypnotherapy and I didn't feel the need to (strange I know).When I was 21 I tried Antidepressants for 2 years and found they helped along with therapy and for 5 years I was rather unaffected by my phobia, in fact I thought I was cured. Strangley enough during that time though I never got an upset stomach to test how cured I was.

I met Myboyfriend 2 years ago and we moved in together and everything was fine until after Christmas when my phobia came back with a vengance (panic attacks and all my charming rituals to boot) I found this website and decided enough was enough and went back to my doctors for help. I am back on antidepressants again and amreally trying to get things back to how theywere. I am a little more confident now (thus I can visit this site again) and am trying to take each day as it comes.

I have not told myboyfriend about phobia and have managed to keep this secret from him which is hard but past experiences with other boyfriends have taught me never to bring it up (mind the pun). He just thinks im a weirdo but seems to love me anyway so what more can I ask?

This is a fantastic site and reading your stories ishelping me. I could kick myself for being such a chicken in the first place![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Hi there!! Welcome to our family!! Glad to have you here, and look forward to getting to know you! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]I am so glad that you are so motivated to kick the phobia to the curb! I admire your attitude! The emet doesn't stand a chance! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Glad you found us!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.