Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My phobia is out of control

Every time I turn around someone is getting the sv* in my area and in my circle of friends. It's everywhere right now. My husband and I took my son to the Aquarium yesterday and there were kids EVERYWHERE, naturally. My son was touching the glass and touching EVERYTHING and I was following him around constantly with the Germ X Advanced that supposidly does kill the sv*. I washed his hands maybe 4 times in addition to that, but on several occasions the had went in the mouth. Typical 3 year old. Sigh. I couldn't enjoy myself because I just kept envisioning all the germs that were running rampant there, and some women even had their newborn babies around all of these toddlers. I would be terrified to have done that. My husband kept saying how cute I was running around sanitizing everyone and everything, but I just feel like a crazy person. I HATE this phobia with a passion.

Default Re: My phobia is out of control

I share your feelings, especially right now as everyone seems to have this virus! Really hope a vaccine is found for the sv, would make my life slightly more enjoyable to live

Default Re: My phobia is out of control

I'm very nervous this time of year. I had a sv lat year in December and I'm terrified and being very carefull. I also live in the Los Angeles area but haven't heard any cases yet from people I know, thank goodness!