I have been an emet since grade 5 (I'm now 35) years old. It's not super severe but it can cause me extreme stress and anxiety(especially during Noro season). Anyway the reason I'm writing is that my husband and I are going on a trip to Hawaii on Saturday (our first trip in 8 years and first without the kids!) but there is a SV* going around town and I'm petrified I will get it and be sick the day we leave (2 hr drive, 2 hour flight, 4 hr layover and then 6 hr flight). On Saturday we had a birthday party for my son and that night I found out that 2 of the kids that had been at our house had v* that night. So of course I started freaking out and counting down the hours until 48 had passed. Then around the 48 hr mark my son v'd and I freaked out and made my hubby disenfect the bathroom etc. He was fine after and didn't do it again so I actually think it was just because he had been coughing quite hard. Anyway fast forward to today. I was talking to my supervisor who's son had been sick on the weekend and I asked if he was feeling better and she said yes but that she wasn't feeling so hot. She thought it was something she ate last night (meanwhile I was thinking to myself - if your son was sick then there's a better chance you have it too ). Then she v'd in the bathroom and decided to go home! So now I'm all stressed again wondering if I was careful enough when I used the bathroom earlier, and I don't want to use it anymore and I'm terrified of getting sick for our trip. It would be awful to get sick on Saturday and would just ruin the trip for me if I had a SV. The silly thing is lots of times when SV's go around I only get d* so I had been feeling better but this summer our whole family got a SV and I v'd and it was AWFUL. It didn't even make me feel better afterwards. I don't ever want to feel like that again.