Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about slow cooking/refrigeration

I made some pulled pork today in a slow cooker. It was delicious, but we had tons left. So I wrapped the bowl of it in saran wrap in stuck it in the fridge.

It was still a little warm 3 hours after putting it in there. Should I be worried? I know 2 hours in the "danger zone" is the limit.

Default Re: Question about slow cooking/refrigeration

it's just fine......takes a long time for hot food to cool off in the frig. i do pulled pork in the slow cooker about once a week for my husband.....he's never gotten sick from leftovers....enjoy
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Question about slow cooking/refrigeration

Should be fine, at home we leave leftovers to cool at room temperature for about an hour or two before even putting them in the fridge and it's never made us sick. If you want it to cool faster you can put it in smaller portions in containers. We only keep leftovers for three days max, though.