Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Stomach Pains

I am having sharp, stabbing pains in my upper stomach. It's not necessarily in one localized spot, it seems to move around a little. Any ideas what this is? I have felt like this all day, off and on, but it seems worse now. I did eat dinner, and that didn't really seem to bother me until now (about 4 hours later). Could it be a sv? I am still worrying about catching the one from work. What do yuou think this is?

Hmmm...in my experience, sharp, stabbing pains in the upper stomachare usually caused from gas. Sometimes when I don't eat in a long time, or when I didn't get a good sleep the night before, or when I'm stressed orI have to use the restroom,then I feel those types of pains. I think it might just be gas or something. Do you have any medicine in the house to combat gas? Maybe some Mylanta? Tums? Gas-X?

*~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey, SillyGirl, I see that you're offline. I hope you're doing better now. Keep us updated, okay?
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I guess gas is a possibility - I did have burritos for dinner! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] I am going to try to go to bed now. I will let you know how I'm doing in the morning.

Burrittos with beans?No wonder!I love them to but yikes the gas! I hope you are feeling great this morning!!!

Well, I slept fine (I was exhausted!) but when I woke up I had this burning pain right below my ribcage. The past few hours I have started to feel a little hungry, so I ate a granola bar but that did not agree with me. I think it just triggered an IBS reaction. I hate this! I want to get over all of this before I get pregnant (in about 2 months). I want to enjoy my pregnancy! I have been forcing myself not to take anything for my stomach since I won't be able to once I am pregnant. I really don't know what is wrong with me. I haven't eaten regularly in a while, so I think I need to get back on track.

Do you have an ulcer?That kinda sounds like what I felt like a couple years back andmy Dr. prescribedzanctac for me. I still have to try and not overdo it with acidic stuff-especially ketchup(mmmmmmm!!!)It won't hurt to have a tums and when I was preggers tums were a-ok. calcium.

I should take my own advice but here goes... if you dont eat properly then your digestive system is all out of whack and not working like it should. Eating healthy will keep things moving smoothly thru your system... Lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains are the best for you.

I tried another cereal bar and so far just feel kind of n*. My stomach was gurgling a little bit afterwards. I don't know what the problem is. I did take a Zantac last night, but maybe I took it too late after it all started. I don't know if I actually have an ulcer. My gastro said he thinks I have dyspepsia (sp?) which acts like an ulcer but isn't really one. He put me on Protonix for it which did help, but I haven't taken it in a while. I'm not sure I can while I am pregnant.

I find that if I go a long while without eating much I get very nauseous when I finally do eat. The trick is to take one before you eat to cut down the acid - then to take one like an hour after you eat.

Ugh, I hate that. It sounds to me like indigestion. You sound like I do when i get it. My last bad bout with it was when I took asprin on an empty stomach in the moring. I had it for 3 days. It was a burning sensation in my ribcage. Sometimes it would cramp a little. Unforutunatley I have not been succsesfull in finding something to make it go away. Hope you are feeling better now!

Quote Originally Posted by serena
    I find that if I go a long while without eating much I get very nauseous when I finally do eat. The trick is to take one before you eat to cut down the acid - then to take one like an hour after you eat.

I was going to suggest what Serena was saying. When I haven't eaten in a long time, and I eat all of a sudden, my stomach starts to hurt and I get really nauseaus. That could be it. And of course, like Skinnyme said, eating right is a very important factor! (I should so take that advice because I'm having problems because of the way I eat and my sedentary lifestyle.)

Anywho, here's hoping you feel better soon, okay?Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!

I feel better tonight but now I can't stop eating! It's funny, I can go forever without eating, but as soon as I start again I can't stop! It's a wonder I don't weigh 500 pounds! I keep teasing my husband - maybe I'm pregnant [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img].

SillyGirl... Maybe you are pregnant, Have you missed a period yet? Uncontrollable hunger is one sign I think all of us get!!!!

I'm not due to start until tomorrow. I am still on the pill though, but this is my last month. I'll keep you posted, but I kind of doubt it. I actually don't want to get pregnant until August or September because then my maternity leave will be during the summer. I love the summer and would love to have 12 weeks off to enjoy the sunshine!

Sorry this is late but I'm glad your'e feeling better!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin