Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default dizzy, n*, blackout feeling... scared.

i haven't posted in panic very much lately. but i feel like i'm at the brink here. my whole body feels numb and i feel like im about to blackout. either this is a really, really bad panic attack/anxiety nausea that mimicks the feeling one gets before V* due to illness, or this might be the ultimatum of impending doom.

also... my heart is racing a lot. does anyone know if, when you're about to V due to and SV.... does the physiological process of V involve a racing heart at all? i'm finding it really hard to discern whats going on with my body right now. thanks.
    My YouTube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Emet Blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: dizzy, n*, blackout feeling... scared.

Well, before v* you wouldn't feel like you're about to blackout, it's the reverse.. you feel like v* when you are about to blackout. So it doesn't sound like a sv* but more like you are having fainting spells! It sounds like a panic attack to be honest. Try to take a few deep breaths and calm down, don't get up quick because that'll make the dizziness worse. Do you also have visual disturbances like seeing all white light or something? That could confirm it's a fainting spell.

Thanks for your reply. I started to feel better minutes later after posting, and have been laying down ever since. I was so nauseated and haven't had a panic attack so 'strong' to the point i honestly believed (90% sure) i was getting sick. It's crazy how much those stress hormones can toy with our bodily perceptions, as it's so hard to tell the difference sometimes. Either way, you were correct! Just another panic attack. Thank goodness (kind of).
    My YouTube Channel:

My Emet Blog:

Glad to know you feel better now Yes, the mind has a huge power over the body and stress can cause all sorts of symptoms. It might also be low blood pressure that caused the dizziness and nausea in the first place, which led to the panic attack. It can do that, it happened to me a few times and I felt like that, about to blackout with nausea. That can happen if you're too tired or dehydrated, or when your blood sugar is too low. The best thing to do in that case is to do what you did, to lie down and relax and try to sip some water or juice.