Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Food poisoning? :(

Okay, so I'm just going to say that I went out to eat at around 3:00pm today, and I had BBQ chicken wings in a wrap, I ate at BWW (Buffalo Wild Wings). It's the one by my house that we always go too, and I know people that work there, and also I have eaten there many times without being sick. But it's now 12:18am, and ever since about 7, I have had gas and sort of stomach cramps. I haven't went to the bathroom like D or anything, but ever since my stomach started hurting at around 7 I just automatically assumed that it was the food I ate. I suffer from IBS, and also I have a tendency to think that something is going to cause me to have food poisoning so strongly, that I will worry myself to the point of feeling sick about it. It doesn't happen every time I eat out, but lately it has. It's terrible. So far all that's going on is I have a stomach ache, lots of gas, and slightly N just because of my anxiety probably. I've been trying to focus on other things, but have gone into my mode where I don't eat and sit in my room just dwelling on "what ifs". I'm just wondering, if I haven't had diarrhea or much nausea yet, do you think there's a chance I could still have food poisoning, or do you think it was just IBS, random gas, or maybe even because I'm on my period currently? It's been about 9 hours...I just would like to stop dwelling on this but I can't. I think I'm honestly going to have to not go out to eat anymore. This just always happens, no matter what, I always have these thoughts in the back of my mind even when I feel fine, that since it's been a certain number of hours "Oh this will be the time I will feel sick if that was going to give me food poisoning", it's really sick and it makes my life completely miserable. I just want to enjoy food, and enjoy eating out and not worrying about EVERY LITTLE THING. It's really becoming a huge problem. Not to mention it's SV season here in Michigan, so I'm just completely on edge about everything. It's a nightmare.

Default Re: Food poisoning? :(

I dont wanna freak u out, but ive read a few things on here about sv going around up there in michigan. BUT...dont worry yourself about the food. It's fine and u know that I know when im on my period, my stomach goes super crazy!! So thats probably all it is. I ate a chicken wrap today too btw (soooo YUM)! i made it myself =D anyway dont stress too much or you will scare yourself even more- just relax..try to go to sleep...or read, watch tv..breathe =)) its okay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh trust me. I know, Michigan is a horrible place to live during this season. I know it goes around, it's literally a living nightmare for me, it's just so stressful and hard and I am constantly on guard just waiting for it to happen. I'm so scared I just try to be as clean as possible and I wash my hands before I even touch my face and I try not to eat out too much. I just get so overwhelmed with this phobia and feel so alone sometimes. & I usually have a crazy stomach on my periods too so I know that probably isn't helping. Thank you, I really hope you're right. I just don't know what the duration would be to "wait it out" because it's kind of different in every situation. I'm trying to preoccupy myself, but thanks again. It's nice knowing I'm not the only freak of nature out there lol. :/

hahaha, definitely not the only one. I have alot of other phobias aside from this one.. so, i feel very alone sometimes too, and just crazy. btw, usually food poisoning symptoms come on pretty soon after eating the bad food...so i think ur in the clear

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do the same exact thing with counting the hours from when I first ate something!!! even when I feel fine...

Hope you're feeling better by now! I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings last Thurs night & the SAME THING happened to me. Just gassy & crampy-- no d* or v*. Just nausea from panic & excess gas. It even woke me up in the middle of the night! What I'm thinking is that it's just some seasoning they use that doesn't agree with my IBS-ridden tummy. I was fine after a day or so.

Isn't it just ridiculous? Like we worry ourselves completely sick when we otherwise would've felt fine if we just stopped worrying about it. It's a vicious cycle

And yeah, I ended up being fine. No v or d or anything just a stomach ache. Although I woke up today and felt sick right from the time I woke up. Which is always a horrible way to wake up. And I was nauseous and gassy and I had a job interview today and was so panicky beforehand. I still don't feel very good but I managed to eat a banana because I have to work at 12 and know I'll feel worse if I don't eat. :/ I just wish I could stop obsessing over this and get on with my life!