Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I only bought it about a month ago and it's been in the way back of the fridge. It's that new wide mouth plastic jar-I usually just get the squeeze bottles. I'm making potatoe salad and when I opened it, it smells fine, but it's a little watery and around the top there was a little bit that looks kinda yellow-ya know, likeif any of you have worked in fast food and that container of mayo. thats gets used all day starts to look yellow. Am I just being paranoid?

It should be fine. I have heard that mayo, once opened, is good for about 2 or 3 months. Just scrape the top part off and it should be fine. I love potato salad!!

Isn't that just the oil separating? I agree that it shoudl be fine. What is the use by date? If you've only had it a month and it smells OK than there shouldn't be a problem. Enjoy the potato salad MMMM!!!!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I ate my potatoe salad and you guys were right-it was safe....and [img]smileys/smilies_18.gif[/img]yummy!!!THanks for your support!!