Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: taking over

Default taking over

hey, new to the site, my anxiety has been really bad the last couple months seems everyday, all day im thinking 'what if im sick tonight ' i just cant switch it off, also ive noticed im concentrating on how my stomach feels all the time which i know is going to make me feel worse but i have no-one around who understands what im going through day and night, hopefully this site will help me get through some bad times x

Default Re: taking over

Hi, welcome! You are certainly not alone here, it's nice to find people who do understand! My family and friends don't but I find this site has helped me through this last week or so! So get what you say about concentrating on your stomach, I do that and it's a nightmare! With time and practice we can stop that tho! I find deep relaxation helps me!
    Hope your feeling better soon x

hi thanks for replying, its so hard when the people around you dont understand (i know its not their fault) when i feel like this i prefer to be on my own so been in bed since i got in from work has helped slightly x

Vicious circle isn't it? We like to alone but the your mind starts to work overtime! This site has helped me with that, I now feel that I can be honest and get the support I need! Hope it helps you too