Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It seems like I have a *v* dream about once a month, but the one last night was CRAZY!

I dreamed me and my husband were at the beach playing in the ocean and having a good time. Then, he was on the shore and I was still in the ocean riding in on a wave. After I got back to the shore, the ocean started drawing back as if a tsunami were about to occur. All of the people on the beach started going crazy and running in to take cover. My husband and I were standing on some stairs to go into our condo when a handicapped child *v* in the doorway of our building. I was still standing outside on the porch and refused to go in! Then I woke up and wanted to laugh at how crazy it was. I have no idea what brought this on, but I hate *v* dreams.

Does anyone else have crazy *v* dreams?

Jess

I have had dreams where one of my children, hubby, member(s) of the family have been sick, then I am scared to death when I wake up, then soooooooooo relieved when I realize it was JUST a dream. I have had some crazy dreams before, but thankfully not too many involving v*!!!!

Yeah, I have v* dreams at least once a month and also wave dreams a few times a month. I dont know how true it is, but I heard that waves in dreams symbolize being overwhelmed by emotions. In my case, that makes a lot of sense. I usually get em when I am worried about something.

My v* dreams are really odd. I usually come across the aftermath of someone being sick, and I am trying to be brave and take a look. When in reality I would run so fast! I always wake up slightly disturbed, but not badly. No idea what it means..

Here is how I would interpret your dream. You are trying to make a decision whether or not to conquer your phobia or die. Which is exactly how most of us tend to feel about v*.. That would we would rather stay outside and drown, than face such a horrible thing. And maybe the handicapped child is put in there to symbolize you? How you may feel young and unable to control your physical being? So you would choose to drown rather than help yourself.. Ugh.. Sorry, I can be so dramatic.. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    Just an idea..

--Kim

--Kim

I dreamed, last night in fact, that I was watching some 40 odd moments in rock and roll on TV and Michael Jackson was one of them and he just started V all over the stage he was performing on.

Gosh I think all of us have had these awful yucky V dreams....it always makes me unnerved when I wake up from one...and of course you are checking your kids like crazy making sure they are all right.....the emet really does work on our brains too much...i wish there was a way to fight back...and kick it's ugly a***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kate

I am in such complete shock that this website exists. I have been terrified of this since I was in the second grade! I am 39 years old now, and not an hour of the day goes by that I don't think about it in some capacity. I have dreams about it alot!! Either someone I know in the dreamis sick and I am having to deal with it, or I'm terrified that I or one of my kids is going to catch it. No one that I know understands....they just say that it's not that bad, or oh, that's silly, or Kim, you've got to get over this! I can't wait to tell everyone that this is really not just my freaky problem!!!!!!!!!