Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

well, I gained the freshman 15 this year ( more like 10 lbs Id say) and well, Im about 4 foot 11 and 107 lbs. I would like to get down to about 95 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like alot, but I have a very petiete frame and I can really notice the extra weight on me.

so, Ive cut out all chocolate, pop, burgers, fries, ANY fast food ( except subway). Ive been drinking LOTS of water and eating lots of salads and half of my regular supper portions. It's been a week and I'm doing good so far. I have let myself have one day a week where i can have a dessert of choice ( usually chocolate).

I'm also making an effort to walk a bit more and get outside. so far, Im doing pretty good, but Im wondering what else (if anything) I should be doing.

I've also agreed to myself that once i loose the 15 lbs I will not go back to the way I used to eat - takeout every night and oodles and oodles of chocolate, basically just to be a little more sensible and healthy.

so, did any of you loose weight, how did you do it? ( and how long did it take you)
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I did weight watchers. It took a about 3-4 months to loose 30 lbs. I am 5'4 and weighed 147 when I started.Now I weigh 120. There philosophy in a nutshell is eating what you want but small portions. Small frequent meals. Good Luck!

Yeah, I did Weight Watchers, too. I lost about 20 pounds in 6 months and then in about a yearI gained ten back! Ahhhh! I have to start again!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

i lost over 50 lbs since last april (1/3 of my body weight at the time). but im not so proud of it. a combo of being afraid of food, and just plain old not eating. it wasnt even about food choices for me, it was that ive always been an active person (hiker, walker, outside, outside outside!) and when dinner becomes less than half a slice of pizza...weight will go. but try to find an activity you like, active, and do that often and just be careful around food, its not even about saying certain foods are bad, they are just bad in huge amounts.

I gained weight in college, too. My "normal" weight throughout college was around 150 and I'm 5' 6", so I really needed to lose a few pounds then. After I graduated and started working, I put on another 15lbs. I got so disgusted with myself and decided it was time to do something.

I started out doing SlimFast--a shake for breakfast and one for dinner. I ate a light lunch too. I cut out all of my sweets and sodas and drank only water. I did not snack at all. I also walked at least a mile every day. Within 6 months of doing this, I was down to 134. I maintained that weight until I got married a year and a half later. After I got married, I started having stomach problems and 6 months after I got married, I was down to 108lbs--very underweight for someone my height.

I am back up to about 112 and I definitely do not want to gain anymore. So, I kind of constantly stay on a diet. I do not do SlimFast anymore, I just watch what I eat. I still walk a mile 2-3 times per week. My stomach is doing a lot better.

All in all, I have lost over 50 pounds and have kept it off for almost 4 years now. I think it is mainly a lifestyle change. I used to eat all kinds of unhealthy stuff and now I don't. I went from drinking soda at every meal to drinking a soda 1-2 times per week and water the rest of the time.

Good luck in your weight loss efforts!

Jess