Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Red face A tad ridiculous, just for comforts' sake.

So, I was out shopping with my Dad today at Dicks Sporting Goods, we were looking at all kinds of junk killing time while my sister was at a movie with her friends. We were wandering around the store for about two hours, and after about an hour and a half, this guy working there was pushing a yellow mopping bucket around with the wet floor signs, he bumped into the guy in shoes right next to us and stopped to talk for a minute, and the guy said "ugh, just had to mop up a bunch of barf... can i go on break now?" and I just flipped a little, I mean, I had been in the store for an hour and a half, I didn't see any or hear it or smell it or anything, but it got me creeped bad. Where did it happen, when did it happen, why did they do it, and how soon can I leave?? We walked around for another half hour but I still had the creeps bad. I still do. Because I didn't see/hear/smell anything there's not a snowballs' chance in hell I got anything right?
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: A tad ridiculous, just for comforts' sake.

NO WAY!! Especially if he cleaned it up instantly. which he most likely did, since its a store. and thats pretty much his job.. poor guy =/ i couldnt do that lol. Anyway, u have nothin to worry about!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I worked retail as a manager for years, 3 of which were Toys R Us... so there were LOTS of kids in and out. Only had a child vomit once, and he was trying to get to the bathroom. But we did have to clean up a lot of baby spit up. That was common, AND uncontagious. If you didnt smell anything I can almost guarantee that is what it was.

it's just strange, my Dad and I were walking laps of the store, I never saw a thing, no traces of it, but this guy had mopped up as he said "a big ass dump of barf" (he's a college kid, pardon his terms LOL). I smelled something funky in the fishing section of the sports store, but I figure, come on, it's the fishing section, so if it smells nasty that's probably why....
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend

Never talking to me again? Haaaarsh!! Yeah for all I know some guy blew up the mens' bathroom, I really have no idea. Its probably fine though which is good. I'm very happy I was back in civilization yesterday too!!