Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Caution: Wet Floor signs

I know from other discussions that we tend to assume any Caution/Wet Floor sign in a public space (especially this time of year...) is v*.

I work in a major tourist attraction, and today we have 682 students from 9 different school groups here. So when I saw a fairly large spot just outside the exit...with a Wet Floor sign...I started to feel anxious. The only thing about this spot was that it was very large, like 2-3 feet in diameter. There were some splash marks against the wall, with the majority of the spot being on the floor, and no pieces of anything (but we do have an excellent cleaning crew). If it's not v*, what else could it be? Someone spontaneously throwing their drink against the wall?

What do you do when you see a Wet Floor sign and a very large wet spot??

Default Re: Caution: Wet Floor signs

I steer clear of it so it doesn't get on my shoes, lol. I also make sure I wash my hands as quick as possible, just in case.

I walk around it as best I can. They disinfect it THOROUGHLY if it is a bodily fluid though, like no chance of it. There are guidelines that must be followed on bodily fluid spills and they are very careful about it. Like extremely. It's a labor protection thing. And most of the time it's not vomit. Like the vast vast majority.

If it was vomit it would have been made by a T-rex because no way a human could produce that much of it, and it would have been chunky.

If you could still see the spill it wasn't a bodily fluid. They didn't have to throw the drink, they could have tripped, they could have been leaning and spilled it, I'm sure you'll be fine. Bodily fluid spills are taken very seriously (labor rights, not because of visitors). So if this wasn't, that's not what it was.

i own a cleaning business.......use wet floors signs all the times.....been doing this for over 7 years and not once has that wet floor sign meant that there was v cleaned up......maybe that will help alleviate some of the anxiety
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Honestly it sounds like someone spilled a large soft drink, they can spread a lot due to low viscosity and splash quite a bit if dropped. But yes, I immediately assume v* when I see those and a spill too.

Honestly never even thought about that until now. I usually figure they mopped or something.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I don't know, but whenever I'm in a store and I hear that announcement, "we need a mop on aisle 4", you guys know what I'm thinking!