Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Zoloft?

You guys know the drill!!! hah

I just got prescbribed this. Anyone here take it? Good? Bad?
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

I know many people who take it or have taken it. It has helped sooo many people and I haven't really heard of any side effects. I hope it helps!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I was prescribed it two weeks ago and Ichickened out.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]Let me knowi f you take them, how you feel.

I took one pill once, I was so anxious about it that I'm not sure if it was anxiety nausea or real nausea that I got from it. I'm leaning towards anxiety since the second I knew it was out of my system I miraculously felt better lol. Hmm, mind power? Either way I don't think anyone v*'s from it and I don't know anyone other than myself who had nausea from it, I've only heard good things about it. Try taking it when you will be busy and have lots of stuff to do around the house etc that way you wont' be doing like I do and focus on every little thing. Good luck!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm currently on it. Was on Celexa but switched due to side effects. I think Zoloft works great for me. Helps out with the anxiety and obsessive thoughts and behaviors really good. No real side effects with it, no nausea or anything. I like it. Good luck!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Quote Originally Posted by 2jo2
    I'm currently on it. Was on Celexa but switched due to side effects. I think Zoloft works great for me. Helps out with the anxiety and obsessive thoughts and behaviors really good. No real side effects with it, no nausea or anything. I like it. Good luck!

I was switched to Zoloft from Celexa as well. Celexa didn't do crap. I started taking Tigan, but it made me v* this morning after taking it. My first time v* in nearly8 years. =( . It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but my heart is still beating fast.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Wow!! You got sick!?!? How scary. I can imagine you'd be afraid of a new med.... Hope you do better on Zoloft, my switch from Celexa to Zoloft was seamless. Didn't have any of the nausea I've had from switching meds before, but I titrated over a month long period. I hope it treats you well. Sorry you v'd, and congrats on being really calm andmatter of fact about it.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I'm sorry you got sick but you seem to be coping very well! I hope the Zoloft is able to help you!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by r311dude

Quote Originally Posted by 2jo2

I was switched to Zoloft from Celexa as well. Celexa didn't do crap. I started taking Tigan, but it made me v* this morning after taking it. My first time v* in nearly8 years. =( . It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but my heart is still beating fast.

Awww Rich, I'm so sorry you were sick!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Zoloft was the first anti-depressant I tried, and although it gave me some nausea, it proved to be helpful with my anxiety. It didn't work out for me in the end, but I did respond to it. The nausea could've been psychological though. I asked the doctor for side effects before I took it, and when he said possiblenausea, I guess that kind of burned into my brain. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]But really, they say that about every medication, don't they, because everyone responds differently.

Let's hope that Zoloft is the one for you! Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That stuff made me go psychotic. However, I did not get n* or v*![img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

What exactly does this medication do? And other med's such as that Celaxa sorry if I spelt it wrong.

i went from celexa to zoloft as well. i had NO problems with either of
    them. NO side effects, n* or v*. Nothing... you are home free my
    friend, dont even worry about a thing[img]smileys/smilies_14.gif[/img]
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

I take 200mg a day, been on it for over 8 years, it helps a bit.

I
    have taken zoloft for 14 years. It is a wonderful drug and it has
    helped out so much. Please give it a try. Zoloft has never
    made me sick.....</span></font>