Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Actually ill this time, feel like death!

This morning I woke up with a very sore throat and a pain in my side.. But I ate something and the pain in my side went away and my throat got a bit better. I felt a bit urgh all day but it wasn't until I ate my dinner I started feeling really terrible. I think I either I have a cold or a flu, my throat hurts, ears hurt, head hurts, my bones ache, I'm tired, have no energy and I'm shaking like mad because I'm so cold! I've got a hot water bottle and I'm lying in bed and I'm still freezing! And now my belly is acting up a bit so I'm terrified incase I v*. I felt like this last time I had a throat infection... I'm hoping it's not that again. Anyone know what this sounds like?

Default Re: Actually ill this time, feel like death!

Sounds like a regular cold or flu. I always get an upset stomach when I have a cold, never have v from it though. I wouldn't worry. Eat bland light food when hungry, and rest.

I had the flu. Could hardly move for 6 days. It just got worse and worse. And my temperature just got higher and higher until I took something for it.

Check your temperature. Flu's suck though. I had the same symptoms. I didn't v* either but didn't hardly eat I just had no appetite I was in so much pain.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Don't panic - one of the first signs and symptoms of a throat virus/infection is nausea, tummy pain and/or diarrhoea. Your throat is directly connected to your tummy after all - mucus running down into your tummy is most likely causing the n*. I had countless throat infections and tonsillitis as a child, felt n* every time but didn't ever once actually v*. Just remind yourself the germ/illness is in your throat. Not your stomach. So there's no reason for you to v*. Keep taking painkillers and flu remedies. I too at the moment have a bad sore throat and flu symptoms (just posted a thread on it) and it's making me feel n*, even though I know it's just a cold. So I know what you are going through. Just try to rest if you can and drink loads of fluids to flush things out. Get some throat lozenges and also try hot water mixed with a freshly squeezed lemon and some honey. It helps fight infection and is really soothing and comforting. Also try to eat if you can as if you're just swallowing mucus into your stomach, and your stomach is empty the acid will make you feel very n*. Just eat what you fancy, even if it's only a bit of soup or toast. Feel better soon