Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ratemyvomit.com

I just had a question about ratemyvomit.com for those who have been on this site. Anyway, I have read somewhere in these forums that no emet should go to this site, that it was really bad and everything. WEll I was wondering if it would be okay to go here if I have been through all the exposure therapy pictures. Are these pictures at this site a lot worse than the exposure pics? And what does the first page look like when you get on the site? Alright, thanks guys!

I went there once. I got through about 9-10 pics when I came upon a pic that instantly made me close the internet window.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Yes, that's exactly what I am afraid of. Those really bad pictures mixed in there. Good job on getting through 10 pictures! That's pretty good. Have you been through all the pictures on the exposure site? I just wonder how much those random horrible pictures would affect me. I want to be sure I can handle it before I go there, but I just don't know if I should. I just want to get through this thing even though it will proabably take a while. So, how do you know what you're ready to go to this site?Edited by: alyssa

I wasnt aware that such a site even existed, but thats the world wide web for ya!!!! I dont know if I could handle going there ...............

I just can't believe that someone actually created that thing. Who would want to go there for fun? I guess I'm crazy for wanting to go there, but I'll do anything I can that will supposedly help. Problem with this is that it will help or make things a lot worse. I guess I'll have to see.

I thought the site was kinda funny. Looking at puke won't make a person
    sick, so I dont see why pictures bother anyone. Well, maybe some
    of them are a bit much because the person might look genuinely sick
    instead of drunk or just being stupid.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

Oh, so it's really not that bad? I guess maybe I'll try it. Were there any paticulary bad pictures in there?

Well, I went on the site! All I've got to say is those pictures are pretty disgusting. Definetly something I would never want to go back again, but who would? I didn't freak out with it or anything I feel fine now! But it's still so far from the real thing. So I guess I should watch scenes in movies now or should I just keep looking at picutures because I think they are disgusting. I think Sage said somewhere that you shouldn't feel disgusted by the pictures before you move to the next level or whatever. But isn't it impossible not to? I knownormal people wouldn't like it.

Well, normal people would not like those pictures, but there are those freaky people called emetophiles who would do anything to see people vomiting or vomit themselves. I find it very disturbing. And crazy. There are some scary people in the world. O.o

Lizzy

Yeah I know that is so freaky. How can anyone be like that and actually enjoy looking at websites like that? I don't thnik I'll ever understand it.

i went on the site and it is pretty disgusting!!! i dnt c y ppl wud wana do sumthin like tht!! there r some strang ppl in this world!!!!

I've looked at the site and I didn't find it disturbing although pictures of vomit don't bother me. If you don't like looking at the stuff, it's not the place for you! I think if you've looked at all the exposure pictures you'll be OK.

I think the first picture always changes so I could go on and say I saw a pic of vomit from a distance and then you could go on and it could be a real close up of loads of it [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    Nikki

I've gone on it. The only problem is that you don't know what the picture might be next, so it might be disgusting...I can usually get through about 10 of them, and i'm working on stopping shaking...i start after the first five.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Wow.. I can't even imagine. I am having problems even getting through the images listed here on the exposure therapy site. When you first go onto this site is there anything on the first page?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I've gone to the site before. I looked at a ton of the pictures. They are gross, but I didn't get all nervous or anything. I asked a coworker to take a look at it, and he was grossed out by it. I haven't been there in a long time. I think any normal person would think it's gross.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

YUK! I have just been on the site and the first picture is disgusting!!! I can only only get to about the 4th pic on the exposure site-not very good really. Ive heard that exposure therapy really isnt good unless done in very controlled ways.

God knows what the rest of the site is like. What upsets me most is the fact that people enjoy taking those vial pictures and obviously wait for the moment etc

Most of you seem to find the exposure site ok but I can only look at the first one with actual sick in it! [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Shiva, yes there is a picture on the first page. It's always different so I can't tell yuo what it is. And fliss you went on the ratemyvomit site without getting through all the therapy pictures first? You were pretty brave to do that.

I went to ratemyvomit.com once, as a kind of dare to myself to test my strength, and I will never go there again! The first picture they had on there upset me SOOO much! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Gross!!!! I just have one question: who would make a site like that, and why???[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]I mean, it's great exposure therapy for us phobics, but....[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Maybe the person who made it did it to help us! (Too bad that's not the truth but maybe I'll just pretend it is)

LOL! Yeah, I'll pretend it is too, since I don't want to think otherwise!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I went to that site about a month and a half ago when I was working on doing exposure, and managed to get through a bunch of pictures and even the top ten (which were pretty disgusting) without any trouble. I guess it's because they're a bunch of drunk people who brought it on themselves. One thing I don't like, though, is that after spending some time at a site like that you start to feel like there's more throwing up in the world than there actually is. It's just kind of depressing and gross.

Anyway, you said you were thinking of watching some scenes from movies, and here's a site I would recommend to go to: http://www.eonline.com/Features/Topten/Vomit/10.html. It's pretty gross but it IS fake, of course, so it makes it easier to see in my opinion. Plus most of the scenes are meant to be funny so it helps to put a less terrifying light on throwing up.

I watched all of the scenes, and even rented Monty Python's Meaning Of Life, which has the worst puking scene ever, and managaed to get through them. However, I am still really afriad of throwing up myself, so I don't know exactly how much it helped me. If your problem is seeing other people throw up though, all the exposure should be really helpful.

Good luck!
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

One more thing, when you're doing exposures, try having fun with it! (Sounds crazy, I know). But just watch scenes with friends and treat yourself to your favourite candy or something when you're doing it, and you might be able to dissociate your brain's panic reaction to throwing up with less scary feelings.
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

Wow, you went through the top ten? I only looked at one of those then went by to the others. Was the worst one really bad? And thanks for the site with the movies. I thought I was going to have to go rent them or something. Well you've seen them all...do you think they helped with not being afraid of other people get sick? i"m afraid of both, myself and other poeple. But I think I will getused toother people first.What did you do for your exposure therapy after that? And is the Apollo 13 a good one to start with or should I start with something else? Sorry for all the questions. And thanks so much for helping me! Edited by: alyssa

Okay-I managedtoget threw 4pics. I only have one thing to say eeeeoooowwwww!!!!!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I am honestly not sure I could go to that site. Someone posted earlier about how you couldn't get sick from looking at the pictures, but I am afraid that I would just from seeing someone else's *v*. I am not brave enough to do that yet. Just the thought turns my stomach.

Jess

I think you would be fine. I mean the pictures are disgusting, but not that bad to make you actually sick. Edited by: alyssa

I get upset about thinking about people being sick, looking at pictures, hearing the sounds, the whole ordeal. Some of us have emet that makes us afraid of more than just ourselves. I am one of them. I am taking a long time getting through all the exposure pictures even, so call me lame, but yes there are those of us here who are actually afraid of the pictures. Part of my exposure therapy was to read the descriptions of the pictures without getting upset. To summarize, we're all different, and I applaud those of you who could go to ratemyvomit.... and laugh at it.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

2jo2,

I'm just like you.. I wish I could think it was funny. I actually do get nausiated looking at the pictures. I also worry a lot about the people in the pictures (even though there is nothing at all logical about that...)

\"This too shall pass\"

I would think even"normal" people would even get nauseated seeing those pic.s, I mean they are just plain gross!

Actually, I was showing "normal" people at work and they could hardly look at them.
    \"This too shall pass\"