Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nose Bleed Help!

I just woke up with a random nosebleed. It finally stopped but I swallowed a lot of blood on accident. I'm really scared I'll throw up because of all the blood I swallowed. Help.

Default Re: Nose Bleed Help!

I have quite a few nosebleeds during the winter - it's the dry air. With some, I've swallowed a lot of blood, but they have never caused vomiting. I think you'd have to swallow a considerable amount for it to make you sick. Try sipping some water, and take a nice, hot bath. That usually helps me to feel better.

You won't throw up, you'd have to be like, bleeding internally and swallowing pints of blood for that. You may feel a bit nauseous though, and your stomach might get a little upset. I agree, drink some water and take a bath to try and relax!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

You'd need to have something like surgery or a broken nose to have enough blood to cause v*. Even from dental surgery it's nearly impossible to swallow enough blood for that. So you're safe.

Another nosebleed post! it seems to be happening to a lot of members recently. I wonder why?

Thank y'all. I ended up eating and felt much better. Yes I think it is probably dry air causing it. Although that's strange because I live in Texas and it's been almost 80 degrees here the past week haha. Thank y'all for the support