Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Weird Coincidence???

So two days ago I had diarrhea twice in the morning and then nausea and a slight fever throughout the day. I was over it by the next day. So then two day later (today) my dad woke up with diarhea and nausea. So I had thought that my weird sickness was due to a chicken sandwich that I ate the night before but now since my dad has a similar thing, I'm thinking that it could have been contagious? But he was barely around me so I'm a little confused. The only reason I am worried is because my dad mom and I all had El Pollo Loco last night so I'm worried that he has food poisoning and that I'll get it too but it just hasnt hit me yet?? This whole situation is pretty weird. I feel like I would have felt way worse when I was sick if it was a contagious sv. Any advice?

Default Re: Weird Coincidence???

Sounds like he caught your virus to me. That sucks but the good thing is you already had it so you don't have to worry. If your dad used the bathroom after you and didn't wash then I can see it possible he caught it from you.

Default Re: Weird Coincidence???

no we have different bathrooms so that's why its weird. I'm worried because he is having wayyyy worse diarrhea than i had i only had it twice and it wasnt even that bad but his is pure water...so it sounds like a different bug or maybe his body is just less strong with it? I'm still worried about the food poisoning though :/ It's been 15 hours since i ate it do you think I'm in the clear?