Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy People who dont understand

deleted for privacy
    Last edited by cheymcg; 12-13-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Default Re: People who dont understand

That sucks Sweetie.
    My sister once said: Youre 18 now,GET OVER IT!
    I was like: I would if i bloody could!

But yah Hope things are better now..?

Hope your feeling a bit better! It's funny cause I thought my mum was really bad at understanding me, but I spoke to her this morning (in a rational moment) and found that I had never really explained it before! Aparently I only bring it up when I feel bad and then I get upset and it all comes out wrong!

This may not be what you want to hear but, I do not think their behavior towards your phobia is at all unreasonable. I think they are thinking logically and rationally in an attempt to get you to do the same. It's those that do not coddle us that actually help with the recovery process. Those who do coddle are telling us it's ok to be afraid and act irrationally in different situations when it is just not ok. It is unhealthy behavior and they should should not encourage it. My boyfriend and my parents have never coddled me. It took me awhile to appreciate it however, I now realize they have helped me and I am thankful for it. John tells me when I am being ridiculous, bringing me back to planet Earth and I realize how ludicrous I just sounded. You may not realize it now but they are actually helping you.
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 11-24-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.