Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Really nervous - need a little reassurance please

So I've had a really good day, no *n and haven't really thought about *sv too much, but I'm going to a sci-fi convention tomorrow with my son, couple of things that terrify me. 1. My son has started some new medication on tuesday and really worried they may cause him to *v especially as we have a car journey! 2. There will be lots of people there! What if I come into contact with someone with an *sv?! Anyone could be contagious and I'd have no clue! 3. I'm going back to the same place on Sunday for a Christmas gift fair, same worries apply!

the other thing is I feel like a bit of a bitch tonight! My sister is going to London tomorrow and I have refused to pick her and her friend up from the station at night, really because I know they'll be drinking and my sister has a habit of *v on drink! Doesn't bother her but I wouldn't cope if one of them got *s in my car! Am I out of order?! Feel really bad but can't help it!

Really don't know how I'll get through this weekend!

Default Re: Really nervous - need a little reassurance please

You will be fine. In science fiction, creatures don't vomit through their mouths. They vomit through an orifice in the chest that is only used for vomiting.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Firstly, congrats on the no nausea day! It's so great when you get to the end of a day and realise you've been fine all day. 1. If allowed, give your son a travel sickness pill or something, encourage him to sleep in the car and make sure he's got plenty of distractions. If he has a fairly strong stomach, isn't usually sick on car journeys and has been n* free so far on his meds I'm sure he'll be fine! 2. Most people, if they have any sense, won't go to a place they know there will be a lot of people if they're contagious with an sv, most people are at least a little considerate. Otherwise, just make sure you wash your hands enough and try not to touch your face or eat anything without having washed your hands. But remember that sv*s are generally only passed on by eating contaminated food or otherwise getting the virus into your digestive system...so pretty unlikely. 3. I'm sure if you have a good time there tomorrow, which, of course, you will, then many of your worries just to do with that place will seem silly to you because you'll have realised you can deal with it there. Otherwise, same advice applies!

I understand your guilt, but I totally understand where you're coming from. Does your sister understand/know about your phobia? If so, she should understand completely that her v*ing in the back of your car is something you could not and should not have to deal with. If not, I'm sure she will understand that there is an underlying reason, and won't think you're a bitch. If she's going out drinking she probably will have forgotten about it by the next morning anyway!

I'm sure you'll have a fantastic weekend, it sounds wonderful. I'm sure you'll be fine, just remember to breathe, try to distract yourself and focus on the positive reasons you're there! xx

Thanks for your replies! Got through today with a few panics and now feel very drained but more positive a out dealing with tomorrow and am determined to enjoy myself at the Christmas fair! Although feels like my throats been cut tonight so hope that's not a bad sign of things to come

no side effects from my sons medication, started then in Tuesday and now Saturday so he should be ok right?

also my sister came back from her London trip sober! Yay no *v in sight!

Just a little nervous of going to bed to tonight though as some with awful panic attack in the early hours! Think my mind is just in overdrive!