Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sick from Booze right?

So, I was just at a party with a couple of my friends that came home from college. It was a ton of fun and everything was going super well until about a half hour before I left. We were sitting, of all places, in the bathroom doing our hair and talking and listening to music and such, having a grand time. All the other girls, except me, were sucking down bottles of Mike's Hard Lemonade. (I hate alcohol... just not for me) This one girl Ellen is on her fourth bottle I think, and she's almost done with her fourth bottle of hard lemonade, a sip left, when all of a sudden, she flips open the toilet and throws up. I had no time to leave the room or do anything, it came out of nowhere. She was laying on the floor laughing while Annie braided her hair and in 5 seconds she went from laughing to sitting straight up and saying to us all that she really doesn't feel good. It was just enough time to realize she was going to throw up, which she did promptly 15 seconds after she said she felt sick. I didn't leave the room, I had no time. A normal person wouldn't care, they'd just say she had too much to drink and go on with it, but for me, I can't do that. I feel like this was some kind of beginning of the stomach bug, or that even though all she did was throw up pink lemonade, that I caught something from breathing in her vomit particles because we were all hanging out in the same large closed bathroom. After she finished and used some mouthwash and washcloth to clean herself up a little, she didn't throw up again for the hour I was still there, seemed totally fine after getting so sick. I imagine this was just because she's only 18 and had four hard lemonades, but how can I be for sure? I've got the willies and the creeps bad....
    thanks for helping!
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Sick from Booze right?

That sucks =( Im sure it was from all the sugar in those Mikes. I doubt its any sort of virus. Just ask her to tomorrow how she is feeling. If she had a virus im sure she would have been feeling sick throughout the night. My friend once v* after having 2 Mikes hard because she wasnt a big drinker. Its the sugar.

Sugar makes it worse for sure. When I was in high school/college I was around people who got sick from drinking/I got sick from drinking a few times. It really is that sudden, you feel fine and all of a sudden bam you don't. Four Mikes, especially if she drank them quickly, can be a lot for a small girl. I really wouldn't worry!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Definitely think it was from the lemonade ugh! Those things can be lethal lol you don't realize til it hits you.

Do you friends know about you phobia? Just wondering cause you did a good job masking your anxiety when it happened if they didn't

Okay, well thanks guys, pretty sure she just drank herself silly and she's probably fine. As soon as she threw up I was standing outside the bathroom with the door open, my friends all asked if I was okay, i just told them that when people throw up I freak out and that as soon as she was done I'd be fine again. Only took her a couple minutes to hack up her fruity sugar drinks and brush her teeth. She went right back to being silly and having fun afterward so she's probably fiiiiine.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh, my best friend did that when we were 16, she drank like 4 or 5 of those lemonade drinks in a row, and next thing I know one of the guys is telling me to take care of her cause she's sick as a dog. The fact they're acidic, filled with sugar and carbonated make it a LOT more likely someone will get sick from drinking them. It definitely sounds like it was the booze, especially if she was fine after. Rule of thumb: if someone has been drinking and they throw up and feel great after and keep partying, it's not sv*, it's just the alcohol.