Hello All! First off, I just want to say how relieved I am to have found a site full of people who struggle with the same fear as myself. I had no idea that I had an actual phobia and that it was so common. I honestly thought I was just weird and have always been afraid to talk about it with anybody. My case is a little different though... Although I do not ENJOY to V* by any means, me doing it myself is not my phobia - Because I (knock on wood) am always pretty aware of when it is going to happen and will make sure that I am somewhere "prepared" for it so to speak, ie - in the bathroom, pulled over on the side of the road or whatever. But so many people have a hard time knowing when it is going to happen to them and so they end up doing it all over themselves and THAT is my phobia.
Especially when it comes to my 6 year old little boy. I am TERRIFIED to be out in public, or in the car and have this happen to us. It ruins our everyday lives and I feel horrible for my son because everytime he burps funny or makes a weird noise or is just quite and not as active as normal I ask him "are you okay? Do you feel like you're going to get sick?" And I am sure it is petrifying for him... But I just can't help it.

My most recent fear JUST happened and is still bothering me (giving me nightmares at night even). My brother brought my nephew to our Thanksgiving dinner with a stomach bug. He says that he was just getting over it and was much better but because of my fear I have done e
xtensive research on Viral gastroenteritis and know that anyone with the stomach bug is contagious up to 2 weeks after symptoms have gone away. And that also, you have anywhere from 12 hours - 2 weeks to start showing symptoms after you have contracted the virus!! So needless to say I am going to be sitting on pins and needles for literally the next two weeks! Why haven't they found a vaccine for stomach bugs??? UGHHH I am just an absolute nervous wreck over this and am driving my husband crazy because I can't focus on anything else right now. I myself have lost 7 lbs in 3 days from not having an appetite because I am scared to death for him to wake up in the middle of the night and v* all over the place! Any advice anyone can give other than "quit worrying about something you have no control over" - which is the same dang thing my husband keeps saying - would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!