Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: loose bowels

Default loose bowels

I just got back from lunch with Mom and Grandma. We went to King's restaurant, and I had a couple slices of pizza. As we were getting home, I felt gassy and had a terrible urge to go. When I went to the bathroom, my bowels were loose, more than they had been recently. I couldn't see any solid form and the toilet water was brown, but it felt semi-solid coming out. On Friday night I went a couple times and my stool was messy, but solid. I didn't take anything for it. Last night, I went and it was just a little pebble. Now, I have loose bowels. I don't know what to do! I was worried about being constipated. I heard that diarrhea is a sign of impaction. I feel better now, but I'm afraid it'll come again. On Friday morning, I ate at the Waffle House. If I'd been exposed to a virus there, it would've shown up before now, would it? Should I take a Phenargen? I took a ginger pill at lunch. I thought not taking Imodium or Pepto when my bowels got messy would help me get back to normal, but it hasn't worked that way. Maybe I overdid it on sweets yesterday and early this morning. Yesterday, I had 4 chocolate chip cookies and this morning I had some cinnamon pie. I can't be sure if it's the sweets because I've eaten sweets without any trouble most of the time. It's just that the past few weeks, I'd have a day where I'd go a lot and then not go much for a day or so, and then it starts up again. As I said, I thought not taking anything for it would stop the cycle, but it's not working. If I was impacted, I wouldn't have felt the relief after going, would I? I want to get a fiber supplement, but I don't want the kind with laxatives. I want fiber that will stop loose bowels, but keep me regular. I hope I hear from you all soon.
    Susan

Default Re: loose bowels

I'm doing better today. I slept all day yesterday because the night before I took a Lorazepam and drank some chamomile mint tea. I went to the bathroom last night there was just a little bit, but it was solid. I'm not worried about being constipated since I had loose bowels on Sunday. I haven't tried Metamucil yet, but I plan to.

Susan