Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry The Door handle....

I was just at my therapists office, had a good appointment and such. Long story short, I used the door handle on two different doors to get in and out of his office and waiting room, and on the way home, there was a hair in my mouth for some godawful reason, and without thinking, germy door handle fingers and everything, I stuck my fingers in my mouth to try to pull it off, which did work, somehow I had my cat's hair on my tongue... Then I realized what I did, and freaked, what if this was the door handle to end it all, and get me sick? When I got home, I headed to the bathroom to wash my hands, then my eye was really itchy so I stopped by the mirror and fished an eyelash out of my eye too. Sweet lord, did I just SUPER curse myself?
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: The Door handle....

LOL....I'm just laughing at your description thats all...

But no, I don't think you are doomed per say...there are more times than not we may put our fingers in our mouth and or eyes and NOTHING ever happens...believe me, you will forget that you even did that (I hope) and just go about your business...please don't worry yourself sick over this

As a child up until around 11 i was a CRAZY thumbsucker, constantly touching things and sticking my thumb in my mouth - and touch wood, i only ever v* 3 times as a child. I think touching a door handle will be fine, besides our bodies are very resiliant towards germs

I'm just normally a borderline neurotic hand sanitizer and washer..... first time in a LONG time that I didn't purel or wash before touching my face! I'm probably totally fine.... not like anybody threw up on the door handle lately! This is a sick in the head doctor, not a sick sick doctor, so there's probably not an abundance of germs there anyways.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cynna, hair stuck in the door is MISERABLE!! Totally done it before and it stunk a LOT. I'm probably fine, and it's not like I was born without an immune system, chances are, if there was anything my body will do its' job and scare it off.

I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow, and I'm pretty much mentally preparing myself for how I'm going to protect my hands in that environment, haha.

You'll be fine I think, I did that quite a few times (I'm cursed, hair and dust is uncommonly attracted to my lipgloss and mouth) and I never got sick from it. It's extremely annoying though... what I usually do is use the inside of whatever shirt I'm wearing to wipe it off. I look silly when I do that, but.. better than worrying!