Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Need Support

Default Need Support

Feeling n* and afraid to eat, drink or sleep. This fear is the most all-encompassing, scariest thing I have ever had to face. I fight the fearful thoughts each day, and try to give my husband and children "normal lives." Guess I'm just worn out from it all. Any kind words of support would be helpful. Thanks!

Default Re: Need Support

I feel the same way. I'm in bed just lying down drinking ginger tea. I was exposed yesterday so I'm just counting down. Have you been exposed? I can tell you that anxiety can make you feel any symptom. I have had 100's of false alarms this past year where I could have bet my life on me having it, and it subsided and I never got sick. I try to have a normal life too for my husband, but it's not easy. What helps me is to realize that the worst thing that can happen is I get sick. Everything has an end though, so after a day of feeling sick I will feel that I have gotten through it and am stronger. Our bodies can really handle a lot, and even though it's really not fun it doesn't last long. Stay strong.

That's sad, both of you. It's late here, but if anyone wants to, we can chat a little
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I haven't been exposed - that I know of. We were with a lot of family members over the holiday weekend, though. I know what you mean about false alarms. I feel like I spend so much of my life preparing for things that never happen (thank goodness)! I'll try to keep in mind what you said about the worst thing ... and that it doesn't last forever. I hope you are able to get some rest and feel better in the morning. (Ana: I love your saying about "not giving up"!)