Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default question about Norovirus page

http://www.emetophobia.org/showthread.php?22065-Norovirus-Facts
    I got this from this this website ^

Summary

"
If you don’t put your hands in your mouth, don’t eat uncooked foods prepared in a restaurant and don’t eat raw or steamed shellfish it is impossible to contract a Norovirus. "
    ^
    "uncookred foods prepared in a restaurant" = does this mean only if food is not cooked properly? Or are they referring to salads and fruit bowls in restaurants as well?

Default Re: question about Norovirus page

I think they're just referring to uncooked food such as raw meat, this can obviously cause Food Poisoning which isn't SV* but will still make you V* and D*

As far as I'm aware this is true, Norovirus isn't airborne and can only be contracted if you are near someone who is actually V* or D* or you touch a contaminated surface and then put your hands in your mouth, the only way to catch Norovirus is to ingest it.

This is why people always say good hygiene is key and that means washing your hands regularly with Warm Water & Soap.

Not a scientist, but I think it refers to fruits and vegies. I think the point that they my be trying to make is that normal cooking will kill the virus if a worker infects the food. (140-150 deg F is the temp where noro dies.) Fruits and vegies could potentially carry the virus if the person preparing them has the virus and did not wash hands properly or did not wear gloves while prepping the food.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Cynna; 12-23-2012 at 12:21 AM.

thank you for your reply!