Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Completely OT but PLEASE HELP

okay this is completely off topic but today (sorry for the graphic details) I had a BM and there was a little bit of what looked like blood in it. The BM was otherwise normal. I'm basically really really scared that I have bowel cancer now because that's like the main symptom. IDK if this has anything to do with it, but it's totally normal for me to have periods of constipation followed by soft stools fairly frequently and I was constipated for most of last week, and this week have been going more than usual which was expected, as I said. Could this have any explanation? I'm only 15 and really really freaking out, please please help...

Default Re: Completely OT but PLEASE HELP

you should call a doctor or tell your parents to call if you are scared, was it red blood or dark blood? if you are constipated and put too much pressure you can get a superficial tear on your butt and that can cause a little bit of red blood....but please, call a dr. if it is serious

Default Re: Completely OT but PLEASE HELP

If it is bright red blood it could just be from straining when you were constipated or irritation if you went to the bathroom more often. Especially if it was red blood when you wiped, it is likely it's from that. If it was on your stool, it could still be from that. What you should be worried about is if it was dark blood (black or deep brown) or if your stools are black, as this means bleeding higher up in the digestive system. Most likely it is just an anal fissure from straining, but if you are worried do go see your doctor.