Hello people of the emetophobia world(hah),

I'd like to address many of you my recovery of this phobia and maybe give advice to the people out there. Now if you may be a ignorant person or in denial of what helps you with this phobia, but im just giving my perspective on the phobia and you can take as much of it as you want. This also isn't a bragging thing, i genuinely want to help some of you people. Remind yourselfs, im no expert, just someone who got over the phobia.

Now i've pretty much had emetophobia all my life, but not knowingly. I'd always had something for being sick and just hated it as a kid growing up, but it was never nothing serious and never stopped me from enjoying my life in anyway. It was pretty much like this until long story short, i had a bad experience in school when i was 13, i felt a bit nauseous. During that time, i kind of panicked, setting off a chain of reactions in my brain making me not want to experience this again. Im sure this happened to many of you at one time in your life. Stupidly i researched this as i was getting regular panic attacks thinking i was going to throw up, finding this phobia. I spent many hours reading upon this phobia and it seemed i was just running into a black hole with no good advice on how to treat this phobia. It's because its your mind and your will to dispose of this phobia.

I pretty much lived with this until i was 15. During that time, i couldn't eat properly at some points, couldn't even go 10 Minutes in the car, could only just go to school and pretty much avoided going out and living a social life. Halfway through this time, during summer, i felt like i was free. I didn't have to go to school and i could do everything on my own will, making my anxiety almost go away. When i started school back after summer, it sure enough, crawled back into my life... but it made me realise something.. Emetophobia is just anxiety and is all in your brain. Now, many people know this, but this was something new to me. (Being young)

After finding out it was just all in my brain, i figured i could defeat it. I stopped limiting myself on the things i did, and generally said "Fuck it", and just lived a normal life. Within this time, i could do everything i once feared with no problem. This is when emetophobia really disapeared, when i stopped reminding myself about it.

How to get it out of your life:

Now i know a few of you judging by your posts, limit on life opportunities and limit on what you do. Trust me this is bad. Limiting yourself is the worst thing to do when you have anxiety of this sort. Just lead your life normally, easier said then done, but once you start living normally, its easy.

Also now heres the part that your all going to hate me for. Stop using this website. Now, many of you will disagree here, but i think its vital to stop using this website. When my emetophobia was at its worst, i was regularly visiting this site. My reasoning for this is that it reminds you of your anxiety and other peoples problems, making you think about it more, thus making it worse. You want to push emetophobia out of your life, and visiting this site draws it into your life. I know that many of you wont use this piece of advice, but trust me.

Now most of people with this phobia will probably blame tough situations and being sick overall... but it isn't really that bad. Emetophobia is just anxiety and when you get in these situations, it makes you anxious. Treating the anxiety and not the phobia (both are linked) is the way, as you want to prevent getting anxious with being or seeing sick, which will make the phobia next to nothing.

I may just be a kid playing with fire here, and don't claim to be a expert in any way, but this is really what got rid of this phobia for me.

Overview:
STOP LIMITING YOURSELF FROM LIFE
FORGET EMETOPHOBIA OVERALL
STOP VISITING THIS WEBSITE

Wish you all best of luck,
Moley