Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My baby has norovirus & now husband :-(

My 4 year old son had a tummy bug 10 days ago and got liver it pretty quickly but it's being spreading through his school. My 7 month old baby has now v* 4 times tonight so I think he has it. It was easy with my older son to wash his hands and mine every time but I can't do that with my baby as he's asleep in my arms only waking to v* every now and then. I'm going to catch it aren't I??!
    Last edited by sunshineray7; 11-29-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: update

Default Re: Think my baby has norovirus

*over not liver

Maybe you don't. Every time I get sick my parents stay with me, and they have never caught anything from me. I'm not very familiar with noro, so all I can say is to keep your baby hydrated. Good luck!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AW =/ that is terrible..your poor kiddos! I have three kids.. ages 6, 5, and 2.. I hate it when they get ill..i feel so helpless..and of course very afrain I will get it. While it is obviously possible you could catch it, I wanna give u some hope by letting u know that when my kids get it, I rarely ever catch it from them. I think, as mothers, we have some kind of immunity to our babies sickness. But the few times I actually have caught my kids bugs, I only got the D* part-- even if they were having all the symptoms. I got it, except for the V*..thank goodness. So..just remember to be extra sanitary..bleach everything that u can, wash ur hands..wipe off ur baby everytime u need to.. spray lysol like a crazy person. And pray! You will be ok..and even if u do happen to catch a lil bit of the bug, It will probably only be D*..keep us posted.. I hope your little ones feel much better soon!!

Thanks for your replies. I don't think I need to call Dr just yet as he's not dehydrated so hopefully I can prevent that. I really want to go and wash my hands but he's asleep on me and I don't want to wake him. What is lysol...is it like bleach??

lysol is a disinfectant spray...you could just clean with bleach/water solution

Thanks socitycourty. Are you on bnb, I'm sure I recognise your name??

I'm feeling really nauseous and worried that I have it too :-(

You are probably just stressed out by having the sick kids =( stay as calm as u can. dont let your nerves get the best of you.

yes! i'm on bnb hang in there

My husband has just got up and ran to the bathroom to v*! Everyone has it now except me, I want to run away.

So my husband has been feeling dodgy all day but is now full on v*ing. Oh god I'm going to be next. What if we both have it, who looks after the kids. I'm so scared :-(

I'm sorry this is happening Wash your hands and keep everything as clean as possible with a bleach water mixture or something with bleach in it, like Clorox CleanUp with Bleach. If you have a second bathroom, ask your husband if he can use one and you can use the other to prevent contamination. You might not even get it!

Try not to worry about what will happen if you both get it. If that does happen, you will manage and whoever is in better shape will look after the kids. However, you don't even have symptoms yet so try to put that out of your mind (I know it's hard!) I hope everything gets better soon.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh man that sux =( i have been there tho..all 3 of mine were sick at once..and i was the only one who could take care of them.. i didnt get it tho =) so stay positive.. u know all the precautions to take.

Thanks everyone. They're all better but I feel rough. I'm dizzy, tired and really nauseous. I think I've got it but trying to hold back.

could also just be the anxiety. can you have some tea or some 7-up and just try to relax. have someone to watch your kids for a little while

Just keep your hands clean and clean them some more. Our daughter had it too last night and i bleached the heck out of everything. Seems about right with the 10 day gap between people getting sick. I had something a few weeks ago and so did my wife. Now she had it last night. It is short lived though.

Good luck!

After 36 hours of being sick and seeming to be back to normal, my baby has thrown up everywhere again tonight. When will it end?! :-(

Babies stomachs are very sensitive, and sometimes a bug will linger for awhile. You're doing great, and it'll all be over soon.

Thankyou. I'm so worried that my other son will get it again, is that possible or is he now immune?

Your other child shouldnt be able to catch it again. If he's already had it, he is done with getting it.. hopefully for the rest of this year! Sorry your baby still isnt feeling well =/ no fun! But it will all be back to normal in a few days, im sure.. i had it last month and didnt feel all the way normal until ten days after it started =( so it can linger about..unfortunately even more for the little babies.

Thanks for replying. He's been ok today, just a bit fussy and still some diarrhoea but I'm still worrying about him being sick again tonight. I don't think I can cope with a third night of it, I'm so exhausted which is making my anxiety even worse.

can you give him some rice cereal to bind him up? or bananas will do the same thing. how are you feeling? i know what you mean about anxiety making you exhausted. I've been in a bad anxiety for a couple weeks and I'm completely run down and I feel horrible. hang in there

He's had some banana today and took it well. He was completely fine yesterday though so was really surprised at him being sick last night. I'm watching him like a hawk now and super anxious. I'm still really nauseous and have such a headache. Just hoping that he's ok tonight.

make sure you at least drink some water or weak tea so you don't start to feel worse. can you get ginger tea around there? i always drink it if i'm nauseated or even just stressed. you might just be feeling that way from the severe anxiety. can your partner watch them so you can lay down for a bit? cold cloth on the forehead and just relax for a few minutes

Just saw your post and thought I'd leave a quick reply. Hope things got better for you and you never ended up with. I'm betting a lot of it is your nerves and lack of eating and rest. I'm going through it right now myself with my little girl throwing up. Just started. I know how you feel. Please let us know how you came through this horrible ordeal.

HOw are you today? Are you better girl?

I can't believe it but he's still throwing up! It's every other night that he's sick and then he's fine again. My anxiety levels are sky high. I'm still extremely nauseous and actually had some dry heaves on Saturday night. Going to the Drs with him todaybut I know they'll justsay it's a bug. I'm scared to go to bed at night for fear of waking up to more v*. Wish it would go away!

Well if all you had was dry heaves and you havent v* you probalby won't now. The reason that he could keep v* off and on I read somewhere that babies can develop a temporary lactose intolerance after a tummy bug. Is he on formula? you may have to put him on a different one till he gets better.
    hang in there (hugs)))

Well if all you had was dry heaves and you havent v* you probalby won't now. The reason that he could keep v* off and on I read somewhere that babies can develop a temporary lactose intolerance after a tummy bug. Is he on formula? you may have to put him on a different one till he gets better.
    hang in there (hugs)))