Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: *sv around me!

Default *sv around me!

I'm scared! Two people at my work ar sick with the *sv* I'm freaking out! I don't want to get sick. I was around one of the girls that is sick, yesterday. And the other person who was sick works today. I am scared.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: *sv around me!

The guy I sit next to had it Friday/Saturday. Amazingly enough I didn't freak out and what do you know...I haven't gotten sick! (((knocking on wood now that I said it!)

I am still trying not to freak out. I washed my hands raw at work today. Then another person called in sick with the same thing. I went in this morning and used bleach on every surface i could think of. I am still scared though. I have been having stomach problems and had test done at the dr and am waiting on results. So my stomach is feeling quesy. I just don't know what to think about what the cause of my upset stomach is. I am hungry, but I am scared to eat. Cuz if i eat, i might get sick later. But lately when I get hungry i have shooting pains in my stomach, once i start to eat i get nauseated, when it digests i get the shooting pains again. so i just don't know what to think anymore.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningstar View Post
    I am still trying not to freak out. I washed my hands raw at work today. Then another person called in sick with the same thing. I went in this morning and used bleach on every surface i could think of. I am still scared though. I have been having stomach problems and had test done at the dr and am waiting on results. So my stomach is feeling quesy. I just don't know what to think about what the cause of my upset stomach is. I am hungry, but I am scared to eat. Cuz if i eat, i might get sick later. But lately when I get hungry i have shooting pains in my stomach, once i start to eat i get nauseated, when it digests i get the shooting pains again. so i just don't know what to think anymore.
    Well, thing is, you're better to eat. Because whether you eat or not, it won't affect you being sick later or not. And if you do eat, at least you'll have more energy to fight viruses. Try to eat bland foods that are quickly digested (like saltines, soup) if you are worried, but you are not helping yourself by not eating. Also, chances are you are fine if you always wash your hands before eating. So try not to worry too much, it's much easier to avoid catching it in the workplace than at home.