Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Over thinking things/ anxiety or is this really it?

I felt really tired today so I decided to have a nap which I don't normally do because I think that it implies I am Ill but I tried to reassure myself that it is just because of many late nights. I just napped for an hour and have been awake for over an hour but feel groggy and kept going hot and cold, have a lot of saliva in my mouth and I know I am getting hungry but it felt like another sensation also in my stomach. I have had a few of those hiccup type things today where you go to hiccup in and then it sort of disappears. Then from all the worry, I thought I might need a BM which made me think is it just anxiety or could it be the start of something? Especially cause today in my voice class, we were looking at the tongue and were told that different colouring or abnormalities on the tongue in different places indicated a problem in that area, hence why doctors tell us to open our mouths when we say we're feeling ill. M friend then piped up that when you have a stomach bug, there is often a white coating in the middle area of your tongue. Of course this freaked me out as I knew I would be constantly checking but then I looked and saw I did have some white stuff on my tongue but then so did most of the girls sitting nearby so then I didn't know what to believe.

I am feeling quite scared because I am feeling nauseous but I know some of it is hunger but I am too scared to eat or drink. Please help, Im trying not to convince myself that today is the day. I can't let this happen!

Default Re: Over thinking things/ anxiety or is this really it?

I LOVE having a nap in the middle of the day! HAHA! I'm the kind of person who rarely sleeps for more than 6 hours a night - and thats bound to catch up with you sometime....

what I will say is - whenever I have a nap in the middle of the day I always feel a tad groggy and eurgh when I first wake up - I usually find a big drink of water and a snack sorts me out!

Default Re: Over thinking things/ anxiety or is this really it?

Thank you both for your reassurance. I'm guessing what my friend is just an 'old wives the' perhaps and I may well have been dehydrated. I felt better earlier but now my anxiety and nausea has returned, I am trying to convince myself they re linked particularly as I have been under. Lot of emotional/mental stress and physical exertion. But then I feel I have been exposed quite a lot recently. Hopefully it will all jus be anxiety based.