Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Comfort/safe foods

What do you eat when you don't want to eat, but know you have to? What are your comfort/safe foods? I'm in a "bad place" right now, pretty much starving myself. Looking for ideas on how you all cope with food issues.

Default Re: Comfort/safe foods

My number one safe food is usually french fries... idk why, lol..but thats what it is. Or poptarts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pop tarts
    cereal
    toast
    tea
    oatmeal

plain crackers

Toast, cereal, crackers, popcorn .. dry stuff like that!

plain cold cut sandwiches, bagel, pasta, crackers , ginger cookies

My comfort foods are Coke, Cheez-Its, plain baked potato with salt, grilled cheese sandwich and saltine crackers.

Cereals, soda crackers, toast, earl grey tea with milk, and chinese fried rice (take-out), ginger cookies, candied ginger... hmm.. oh yeah, tapioca and scalloped potatoes.

I will usually eat toast (plain), crackers, or get plain white rice from a Chinese restaurant (always tastes better than rice that I can cook myself). If I can't bring myself to eat I will usually at least drink Gatorade.

Crackers, toast with or without jelly, and pretzels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Let's freak out together. My Skype is always available to those who need someone to talk to! My username is SnugglePuff78.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    chinese take out as a safe food....you are brave
    o_o Well to be fair it's mostly the rice from this one restaurant where my family have always ordered chinese food (so I've been eating that my whole life) and never got sick from it. And it really does make me feel better when I am feeling ill. I am a bit more skeptical when it comes to unknown chinese restaurants, though.

When I'm scared that I'm sick, I'll go for the plain cereal in our kitchen, rice chex, corn chex, cheerios, kix, or crackers, either ritz, wheat thins, or saltines, something blandy boring, maybe even some buttered toast. My real comfort food when I don't feel sick, umm.... I'm a sucker for anything cheesy and carb loaded, right now typing this I want some tater tot casserole, hamburger meat, tater tots, chopped onions, and tons of cheddar cheese melted on top. Ohhh yes.
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend

I agree with you, Cynna. Fuck bananas lol. My safe foods for when I feel ill: saltines, various brands of dry cereal, toast sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, ginger ale, lemon ginger tea, Coke (not to be confused with cocaine ), chicken fingers, french fries, virtually any type of fast food such as McDonald's, Wendy's, Chipotle, etc. I know..I'm insane. Usually once I begin eating said heart attack inducing meal, I realize how hungry I actually was/am. Oh! and of course chocolate!
    Last edited by DeadxxInside92; 11-30-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I agree with you, Cynna. Fuck bananas lol. My safe foods for when I feel ill: saltines, various brands of dry cereal, toast sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, ginger ale, lemon ginger tea, Coke (not to be confused with cocaine ), chicken fingers, french fries, virtually any type of fast food such as McDonald's, Wendy's, Chipotle, etc. I know..I'm insane. Usually once I begin eating said heart attack inducing meal, I realize how hungry I actually was/am. Oh! and of course chocolate!
    Funny how that works

Quesadilla with cheese

toast with butter and vegemite, muesli bars, plain crackers, apples, bluberries, fruit juice, jelly beans, boiled eggs, rice

i pretty much live off vegemite toast XD

Toast + Peanut Butter...and/or Jelly. :3

Dry Cereal (Mmm, Cap'n Crunch...)

Saltine Crackers

The peaches/mixed fruit in the plastic containers. >w< (I love that stuff!)

Chips - of any kind - (I like tortilla chips. :3 With salsa.)