Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy BEWARE GRAPHIC: it's here!

Just as i was watching the youtube video the other night about the noro vaccine progress, go figure. Anyways around 1am this morning my 9 year old got up and came racing out and V everywhere. No idea why she didn't run to the bathroom but im sad to say noro is here. No stomach ache, not much warning either. Shes been pretty sick but is finally sleeping. I actually handled it ok and made her take a bath and i had to clean up the mess with gloves of course. Just ran out and bought cleaning supplies. I bleached the bathroom and am washing everything, doing laundry. Now the waiting game starts to see if myself, my wife or 4 year old get it. Then again i had something a few weeks back and my wife was very ill "thought it was nerves" a few weekends ago. Maybe we gave it to our daughter. I dunno, im just glad i handled it better than i thought. Gonna call my doc tomorrow to get a script filled for anti nausea's in case.

She just got up to go pee and she looks horrid, poor kid. I wish thy would get that vaccine out already. This bug is nasty. No sleep for me tonight, im too wound up. I give my wife credit for staying with her but i have a feeling shes gonna get it now. Either that or me from cleaning it up. I was careful though. Any advice on what else to clean the carpets with? Might have to have it steam cleaned. As usual this bug strikes my kids at night.
    Last edited by fixxxer2012; 11-30-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Default Re: BEWARE GRAPHIC: it's here!

thinking im going to try to get some sleep and hope shes better today.

Oh..poor girl =( I hate having sick kids- we feel so helpless... They deal with it better than we do though! I hope she feels much better soon..it shouldnt last too much longer.. Im not good on advice with carpets. I have ruined many carpets by pouring straight bleach on them..Bc i wanted to kill the virus, lol.. But i wont suggest u do that, unless u want some spots on it! Just maybe get some Lysol on it.. or if u mix enough water with the bleach, it may not spot the carpet.. You could also use some soap and hot water. Good luck, keep up the good work and being there for your girl! & keep us posted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So sorry I hope she is an isolated case in your home. Also hope you all got some rest last night.

Be strong. Most viruses were immune to especially as you get older. Kids have a weak immune system which is why they v* more often. Just wash you hands before eating of touching your face. You'll be okay. And just to say, noro is always around!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Oh no, poor you and poor kid!! Yes, steam is supposed to be the best way to kill it on carpets. Once the v* is removed, steam will do the trick. Do you have any N95 masks? I wear that for cleaning when someone has been sick, makes me feel safer in addition to the gloves. They offer good protection against viruses, they're meant to protect against influenza so they would definitely stop any "spray" of particles from cleaning. And as Murder mentionned, kids really are more prone to v* more. It happens quite often that adults will be significantly less sick than kiddos if they catch the same virus. There's still hope, I remember my grandma took care of my family when we caught noro years ago and she never caught it. Weird thing also is that my brother didn't catch it either, we never figured out why he was so lucky even though he was very exposed and still a kid himself. So don't despair! I hope you all get better soon!

Kudos to you for handling it so well. You sound very calm and rational. I hope your poor daughter is on the mend and that your family stays healthy!

Oh Man, poor kid....good for you for handling it so well...I got nervous of the thought of you having to clean it up..lol I probably could do it if it happend, but the thought of it isn't so pleasant right now

I hope the rest of you are in the clear. I remember one night I got sick before bed out of the blue. My dad and I were laying down together and I just had to throw up...I don't recall complaning of a stomach ache. I remember eating a blue raspberry fruit roll up that day and may have eaten the marrow out of a lamb chop lol (dont know why)

Did your kiddie have a stomach ache before and didn't say anything? Not all hope is lost yet...think positive and good job again for steppin in!

Well as i said i bleached everything and cleaned. Soo much the bleach is upsetting my throat and stomach. Shes actually fine today and drinking, acting like herself. Whatever it was its short lived. Sorta like what my wife had a few weeks ago. Im just tired, i barley slept at all. Keeping my fingers crossed no one else gets it. Her doctor wont even give any anti nauseas and my doc is booked up so were screwed on that end. I like to keep a small stock of them but only hospitals seem to want to give them out.

Thanks for the well wishes. But yes she told me she had an upset tummy before it happened but she said it happened soo quick. I just got to teach her to run to the bathroom instead of coming out here to get me. Would of prevented the huge mess we had.
    Last edited by fixxxer2012; 11-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.

I feel you, man it's in my house, too. This shit sucks! I hope your daughter perks up real soon. Just use Lysol, bleach, wash your hands and take care of yourself. Sending good vibes your way.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I feel you, man it's in my house, too. This shit sucks! I hope your daughter perks up real soon. Just use Lysol, bleach, wash your hands and take care of yourself. Sending good vibes your way.

Yeah this noro is sure making its rounds early. Anyways shes better, just weak. Shes been drinking and i just gave her some chicken broth and a few crackers. Shes acting better. Weird but she had no D at all. Just bad V and chills. Hope you can steer clear of it and stay healthy. I actually saved the last anti nausea in case i get it. Been taking peppermint oil too. I heard its good for clearing bateria and nasties from your stomach and bowels.

So glad things are better...and yes, awesome job of helping out your daughter and cleaning everything! I can't even be in the same room (house!) with them when they are sick. Be careful with the bleach, you don't want to get it in your lungs, etc. Hope you all stay healthy...you're right that it could be that you all had it already, but more mildly. Take care..you are strong!

Ughh envious of you. I wish I had some anti emetics on hand. I have Dramamine, but that's not gonna do jack shit for a virus. I also have Emetrol which actually does help when I am nauseated.
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

UGH! that`s my idea of a nightmare! I`m glad that I live on my own without anyone to get sick & give it to me! Apart from that, I can`t understand what makes doctors so reluctant to prescribe anti-emets, I think that theyr`e being really unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    UGH! that`s my idea of a nightmare! I`m glad that I live on my own without anyone to get sick & give it to me! Apart from that, I can`t understand what makes doctors so reluctant to prescribe anti-emets, I think that theyr`e being really unfair.
    The irrational, phobic part of my mind is frustrated I cannot get my hands on anti emetics, but the rational/logical part of me knows I do not need them. Most often, anti emetics are prescribed for cancer patients going through chemotherapy or pregnant women w/ bad morning sickness. Those are individuals who actually need it. Someone who is phobic of vomiting, wanting to prevent vomiting at all costs, does not need to be prescribed anti emetics. I understand if someone already has viral gastroenteritis and has been vomiting non stop, unable to keep anything down would be prescribed an anti emetic, but not if the vomiting either a). hasn't occurred yet or b). is not yet problematic.
    My shadow

The irrational, phobic part of my mind is frustrated I cannot get my hands on anti emetics, but the rational/logical part of me knows I do not need them. Most often, anti emetics are prescribed for cancer patients going through chemotherapy or pregnant women w/ bad morning sickness. Those are individuals who actually need it. Someone who is phobic of vomiting, wanting to prevent vomiting at all costs, does not need to be prescribed anti emetics. I understand if someone already has viral gastroenteritis and has been vomiting non stop, unable to keep anything down would be prescribed an anti emetic, but not if the vomiting either a). hasn't occurred yet or b). is not yet problematic.
    I agree with you completely. I never get antiemetics, even though I have asked for them a few times. I know I shouldn't rely on them, as it will just keep the fear going. My friend got prescribed them in the ER cause she had awful food poisoning, and that made sense, but we probably sound insane to doctors asking for antiemetics for no reason.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I have them, but you know I have them, but I am not taking them...it is more of "Oh good, I have them IN CASE".

well it's definitely noro as our 4 year has it today. so far my wife and i do not so we shall see. hope this gets out of the house before xmas. if shes still sick later today we may have to take her in as shes tiny and were worried about dehydration.

Yes, fixxxer, be careful with the dehydration...if she becomes lethargic and isn't peeing, dry mouth, etc. definitely take her. Hang in there, you are really doing well, keep washing. Take care...

Quote Originally Posted by andee View Post
    Yes, fixxxer, be careful with the dehydration...if she becomes lethargic and isn't peeing, dry mouth, etc. definitely take her. Hang in there, you are really doing well, keep washing. Take care...
    Were being careful as i called her doctor. Shes sleeping now. Just gets me mad that i cleaned the whole house with bleach and she still got sick. I havent been feeling goo either. I think its nerves but i just got a feeling my wife and i will get this too. I really hate this time of year. At this point im just ready to get it over with. Just glad this is happening well before xmas.

Im happy to report this virus while nasty has been very short lived with my kids. My youngest slept most the day then got up and was drinking and ate some soup broth. So far shes just pale and tired. Im sure by tomorrow she will be fine. Been almost 72hrs since this bug struck my oldest amd so far my wife and i are ok. I was a bit off today but probably stress. We shall see how things go tonight into tomorrow. At this point im not super concerned as i know its in the house and ive done all i can cleaning wise.

My 5 year old has been v* since 2am till 7am every hour I'm playing the waiting game too. He has been violently ill, he is stronger then I could ever be, I don't know if I could handle v* as much as he is
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBn83 View Post
    I have them, but you know I have them, but I am not taking them...it is more of "Oh good, I have them IN CASE".
    Same here..although I did develop a nasty dependance on them for awhile there...

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    Same here..although I did develop a nasty dependance on them for awhile there...
    Me too. And then of course, the issue was due the fact I was soooo constipated which would cause me n* which in turn would cause me to take more Zofran...ruff couple of weeks with that!

How is everyone doing now, fixx?

just an update, i promised myself i would try to limit my visits here. both kids have been good and so far my wife and i have not caught the stomach bug. my youngest did get very constipated after her bout with it and had to go to the ER for laxatives. ive been handling things pretty well but the past week has just been a nightmare, especially for a emet. my stomach has been giving me issues but i think it's nerves. i did wake up today super nauseated and started having alot of D. i did take a dose of mirolax yesterday because i had been having troubles going so that might be whats causing the D. i hope i didn't catch the virus but we shall have to see how things play out. got my trusty anti-nausea's in case. i just hope this is it and we can enjoy the holidays. i am going to make a doctors appointment next week and ask for my stomach to be checked out and see if i cannot get on some form of a anti-anxiety med.
    Last edited by fixxxer2012; 12-08-2012 at 10:57 AM.

I'm glad your little ones are feeling better. I think it is nerves for the most part in your case. Feel better soon!
    My shadow

I'm glad your little ones are feeling better. I think it is nerves for the most part in your case. Feel better soon!
    i wish it were nerves. im afraid ive come down with the dreaded bug since around 10am. been having D non stop with horrid nausea, fatigue and a low fever. even the anti-nausea's aren't helping this. i haven't felt this bad in over 5 years. i really hope this is short lived and is out of my damn house well before xmas. i just do not understand, we washed and bleached everything and washed my hands until hey were raw and i still picked it up 8 days later. i cannot wait until this noro vaccine is out, im really tired of this nasty, useless bug. my wife and i were suppose to go on a date night tomorrow and ill have to cancel. we did take both kids to their grandma's to stay the night so i can rest. i hope you cannot get the same strain twice because i could of swore i was sick with this 4 weeks ago but not as bad as now.

Sorry to hear that you got sick. Last time noro went my home my wife got it and had a day of v and chills, almost a week later I got it and had tons of horrid d and n, but never v'd. I was cautious with bleach and gloves etc...too, sometimes I think this mess is airborne and not just the droplets when someone is sick, but airborne like a cold.

It's NOT airborne...not like rhinovirus anyway. If it were that contagious, you would not be able to evade it at all.
    My shadow