Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicky

Default Panicky

As posted on here a couple of days ago, I have come down with a little head cold (sore throat, stuffy nose, general groggy feeling). This started Wednesday but now I'm starting to feel quite nauseous. I'm worried what's causing it - e.g. I ate out earlier today, also I was at a hospital appointment yesterday and the hospital had a warning about norovirus and we had to sanitize our hands before and after...

I have also been taking a mixture of over the counter flu remedies and painkillers so wondering if it's a side effect of them too (have been alternating Beecham's All In One with Night Nurse, combined with Ibropufen and Stepsils - if any of that means anything to anybody).

Perhaps it's post-nasal drip as I'm very phlegmatic (it's yellow/green too, sorry for graphics - usually a sign of infection). Tried coughing it up but that makes me feel even more nauseous.

Please help - I'm feeling really anxious.

Default Re: Panicky

Think: Are you able to eat right now? If you can, I'd say you are safe. The last time I had a cold I felt like crap for days, and very nauseous, and it was just a cold, after all. Getting worried won't make your problems easier to deal. Good luck!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you I took an anti-nausea tablet and it's passed now. I'm eating normally do I don't think I have sickness. I think it's just a flu virus making me feel generally unwell. Also I think I'm mixing too much flu meds together so trying to space it out a bit.

Taking a lot of meds will do that, and those meds make you feel kinda yucky anyway. If you aren't eating enough when you take them, they could make you feel that way too. Hope you start to feel better soon!

Thanks guys. It's moved to my chest now do I've got that horrible type of cough that makes you think you are going to v* but it's so forceful but you don't actually v*. So I've got that to contend with plus medicine and mucus induced n*. Just need to keep telling myself I have a cold, not a SV so I need not worry.

How do I tell if it's bronchitis or just a nasty cough? It's really forceful like I said, almost wretching with it.

If it starts to make your chest feel tight, you can't take a deep breath, or there is a lot of phlegm rattling around in there, you probably want to go in, or go buy some mucinex, that will help get the gunk out.

I'm willing to bet it's a combination of the drainage and the meds. It will definitely do that to you. Keep a little bit of something in your stomach. That will help!