Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Washing Hands

Default Washing Hands

Hello,

Does your husband, bf, OH have a hard time washing their hands? My husband and I went to the store last night and when we got home he took off his shoes and put his hands all over the bottom of the shoe! I was fixing him some soup and crackers and I'm like "babe, was your hands, you've been touching your shoe." I had to ask him four times to do it and he wouldn't have done it if I didn't tell him. He's very bad with washing his hands even from visiting a hospital! Just waned to know if anyone else goes through this.

Default Re: Washing Hands

Never! Only when I gave him the sv last year. Other than that, he's doesn't even remember getting a sv. His mom never heard of the sv before. They're from South Africa, maybe it's not common there but they've been here for 10 years.

My roommate is like that. I have to constantly remind her and even had to give her "the speech" about proper handwashing (her idea of handwashing is rubbing less than 5 seconds under water). She'll also touch her mouth when in the subway after touching the poles. Yuck. She does get sick pretty often, but then again she has a pretty bad lifestyle (poor sleep habits, smokes cigarettes and weed, barely eats and when she does it is mostly junk food). Just don't like her spreading germs in my living space though.. she gets some kind of sv* every few months and she almost always has some kind of a cold or flu during the cold season. It's driving me insane, I'm very careful with handwashing and I usually avoid most illnesses when I live by myself, but she's like having a 5 year old living with me...

I never like to touch anything after I`ve touched my shoes unless I wash them first, because I can`t help but think about how filthy they are from walking on pavements where dogs have done their business and all that.

My boyfriends hand washing skills arn't the best either :/
    I know you find it hard to shine,
    When every turn you take is lined,
    With the fear of never making it alive.

The word Hope means a lot to me for many different reasons.

Tumblr blog about my Emet:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm quite lucky in that respect as my other half is really good with hand-washing, thank god! I've had a fair few that haven't been though!

My boyfriend becomes downright hostile when I ask him to wash his hands, picking huge fights, sulking for hours, but by now he knows that he has to wash his hands when he comes home, no matter what. He's a terrible hand-washer, sometimes he'll pretend to wash but not actually use any soap. He also sometimes will refuse to wash his hands after doing something disgusting (like rooting through the garbage) because he just washed them an hour ago, as though there's some kind of lasting protection. One time we went out to eat after going all over the city once and I asked him to use a sanitizer before eating a sandwich and he said sure he'd do it AFTER he ate, because he didn't want his hands to be sticky (it's an unscented alcohol-free one) while he ate. Seriously, what is the point of that? He's like a toddler. It drives me crazy. He picks his teeth NON-STOP. His hands are just always in his mouth. He also puts everything in his mouth. The three most disgusting, a toenail clipping, a penny out of a gutter (he wanted to see if it tasted like salt), and some white gunk in a crack in the console of his car (he couldn't identify it and thought tasting it would help).
    Last edited by person54321; 12-03-2012 at 11:16 AM.