Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Struggling

Default Struggling

There is a bug going around work. a few people have gotten it, and I have had to work with a couple of the people the day after they were out. I have been washing my hands like crazy and going on about my business trying to not let it affect me. But now I feel sick to my stomach, just down right icky. I'm hoping it is just my normal stomach issues (getting blood work done to see if I have a gluten intolerance, my iron levels are low and I am anemic) and not a virus. I have these new stomach pills I am taking to see if they help with whats going on, I need to take it, but I am afraid that if I put anything in my stomach it will get upset and I will get sick. i just feel really queasy. I have been having an off week and freak out about my stomach and I am so tired about it. I try doing my breathing exercises but sometimes that just doesn't cut it. cross your fingers for me please!!
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Default Re: Struggling

Hey there,

I have had this same issue, and I managed to survive it without getting a *sv. Chances are it's just your anxiety and the stress you're feeling, that's actually making you feel nauseous. I know that when I hear that someone feels sick the knowledge eats away at me, even if I don't realise it, and it makes me feel really ill to the point where I think I've got it. But in reality, its just me stressing out.
    You've been doing everything right, washing hands and not letting it get the better of you, so chances are you're absolutely fine. Washing your hands its the best thing you can do, as well as keeping your hands away from your face etc.
    You say you have been worrying all week about it, well if you were going to get a *sv you would have had it by now I think. Try to eat, even if its just dried crackers or "safe" foods like that...you will feel worse if you have nothing on your stomach.

What about listening to relaxing music? I recommend Enya personally Other than that I truly hope you get through this tough week ok, I'm sure you will.
    Best wishes,
    Emmy xxxxxxxx

Thank you soo much for your support Emmy. I forgot how relaxing Enya is, i think I shall listen to her. I am going to try some soup and crackers and get down my stomach pill. thanks again!

No problem at all I think 'Only Time', 'Water Shows the Hidden heart', 'Caribbean Blue' and 'Orinoco Flow' are my favorites! Her voice is so beautiful and just makes me take those lovely deep, calming breaths
    Good idea, even if you just wanted to take smaller bites so your stomach can get used to the food? Either way, well done for not going totally crazy, you kept your cool and for us that's really hard to do.

Enjoy Enya and have a lovely evening! xxx

LOL! I have that cd! Its a great one!

I know I posted last night, but my stomach is acting up again. I have a mefical issue that the doctors are testing right now, still don't feel good after I eat. Sometimes, like right now, its unbearable. So I'm having a panic attack and I'm at work. This sucks donkey sacks!

Ah, that does indeed suck I've been feeling off today as well, so I can totally sympathise. Just reason with yourself that it's most likely the issue you've been having, as well as the anxiety surrounding it, that's causing you to feel this way.
    Just take a moment to relax and breathe, think about what you're going to do when you get home from work, and focus on that. Plan to have a relaxing bath, or watch a good movie? Try to think of something to divert your mind from your stomach and it will hopefully lessen the feeling

xxx
    "...I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come."

-
    George. R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I did take a nice long bath and it felt wonderful. Now i know I need to eat, and just the though of it makes me all panicky. I know partly its me psyching myself up and the other part is, i know whats going to happen once i eat. And it sucks. I hate having the phobia and having something actually wrong with my stomach on a day to day basis. I can;t wait till they figure out whats wrong. But for sure i notice a pattern with grains and dairy. i really love that stuff too. alright wish me luck with eating.... I hope you feel better too. We can get through this!

Its possible. I'm getting tested for gluten intolerance. Gull bladder, liver and low iron.

Most people don't take the precautions that emets take, and I think that's why a lot of people will catch the sv, but we don't. Just continue to wash your hands well before putting them around your eyes, nose or mouth and you should be fine. Lysol or Clorox wipes can be your friend.