Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Got my hair done. Hairdresser was sick. @_@

So I'm not going crazy or anything, or panicking like I would have been if it was a year ago...just looking to see if anyone has had a similar experience..... (the peek of my emetophobia..) but today I go into work to get my hair done (I work in a beauty store that has a salon in the back) and my hairdresser is late. When she arrives she said she felt really nauseous and thought she would v* on the way to work. She said she thought it was her food last night because she kept testing it (the meat was already cooked so that wasn't it) her fiance ate it too and he's fine....
    Anyway, she was doing my hair, was telling me she woke up not feeling great, but felt a bit better when she ate a chicken burger from a fast food place. As my color is processing she goes to the bathroom, (of course I stayed well clear of it) comes out and says she threw up to get rid of the nauseous feeling. After she came out she took me straight to the sink to wash my hair out, while breathing and talking all over me. By the end (3 hours of being there) she was drying/flat ironing my hair, she rubbed her nose a few times while she was doing it and touching my hair. Anyone else had an experience like this? I came home and changed, put my clothes in the wash and cleaned my face. I want to wash my hair again but UGH. If I do my color will probably come out and it was a waste going there lol

I mean seriously. What are the chances of this happening? An emetophobe of all people (well not that I seriously call myself that anymore, I've gotten much better this year, I call it more a fear now than a phobia). I've not had my hair done for MONTHS and the one day I do.......I DO however feel like this is a test for me though from higher above...to see how well I would do in that situation lol

Thanks

Default Re: Got my hair done. Hairdresser was sick. @_@

Hi! Hope you're coping ok.
    The nausea could have been from anything really, it isn't necessarily an *sv, she could just have eaten something weird, she might even be pregnant? Even if she does have something contagious, it is unlikely you got something from her. You washed when you got home, as well as your clothes, and you were only in her company for three hours. My younger sister is prone to getting *sv, and I've even spent time with her (mostly so I can ask her about how she's feeling as that sometimes makes me feel less anxious), and i never caught anything

I think you'll be fine! if it was a test you have come through it without freaking out, so well done!!
    Be proud!
    xxx
    "...I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come."

-
    George. R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Damn, that was some bad luck! You poor thing! I would have freaked out and got out of there straight away, so well done! I'm like you, if someone happens to v*, I immediately think it's that dreaded *sv and keep well away from them. I just wish I could say to myself that not everyone who v*s has that horrible *sv, or something that is contagious, ugh.

I have been in a similar situation to yours when I was in college. A friend of mine said she had been feeling nauseous all day since she woke up, so of course I began to panic and told her to keep away, but literally a few seconds later she v* RIGHT in front of me everywhere! Oh my God, you couldn't have imagined how severe my panic attack was when that had happened! I had to go home it was that bad. Fortunately, I got a text from her the same day but around 8:00 in the evening, turns out she had been punched hard in the stomach the night before and it messed up the lining of her stomach or something like that which was causing her stomach pains and v*. I was relieved after that, but that awful image was in my head for weeks on end after that still, ugh.

I think you will be fine though, don't worry about it!

If she ate that morning it probably wasn't a sv*, and you know if she made herself sick to get rid of the nausea and then was feeling well enough to keep working, I think it's fair to say there's a big chance it wasn't a sv* like noro.

If she didn't have a fever or anything, I think you'll be okay. ^_^

Thanks for your responses everyone! I am getting a bit nervous though have to admit...my stomach is getting all nervy.....I'm not going crazy but it is constantly in my mind. How many hours do you guys normally "count"? Is it up to 72?

Well, technically it could take up to 72 hours but usually after the 48 hour mark I tell myself I'm in the clear. That's mostly because the really terrible viruses like noro hit pretty fast, usually within the 12-33 hour range. So if it was something that takes up to 72 hours to hit, I figure it's a milder virus and it'll be easy to avoid v*.

I don't think she would have been able to eat a chicken burger if she had the sv, as generally people have no appetite when they have the sv. As others have stated, it could've been from anything. Maybe she even drank too much the night before? Either way, it would've irritated me for her to tell me she made herself throw up, only to come back and breathe all in my face. People have no regards for other people sometimes. I mean, I know it's hard for non-emets to understand but even so....