Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: Depression & fatigue?

So ive been down and out latley about life in genral. Other than my emet i usually dont suffer from anxiety. Can it cause stomach issues and fatigue? Ive already had a checkup and was told im fine but somedays i feel like a train hit me. I can tell its depression as im hardly ever happy. Might be seasonal depression as this just hit me come october.

Thanks.

Default Re: OT: Depression & fatigue?

I have GAD and also depression (which is currently postpartum depression) and I am always exhausted, no appetite, weak feeling, sickly. it can also cause digestive issues. I am always worse in the winter. and we have a mild winter here in CA so can't imagine how it is for east coast people who are seasonally depressed

From my experience, both depression and anxiety can cause many physical symptoms: digestion issues, headaches, body aches, fatigue, and on and on (unfortunately). I know that the winter season is the most difficult for me (shorter days, crummy weather where I live, and the higher possibility of illness). Do you exercise regularly? If not, give it a try. Even a brisk daily walk can help lift your spirits. If you can find a friend to join you, all the better. Try to eat more fruits & veggies, too! Brightly colored foods are great for you ... and don't forget about protein! Hang in there ...

Yeah i often get headaches and even after a full nights sleep im tired. Then some days im fine. Im sure my kid being sick the other night didnt help matters. I just feel so damn dettached from reality. Might have to look into some anti depressants. It has been a rough couple years for me and my family. I think it has been building up and finally hit me.

Has it become a "normal" way of thinking for you? I sometimes find myself surprised (if I happen to make some offhand comment to someone) that everyone doesn't think like me! I guess I assume everyone spends each waking moment thinking of how to keep themselves and their family healthy - just like I do! I'd love to wake up and not be consumed with it ... just one day of relief would be nice! I'm sorry to hear your child was sick. Did you have help caring for him/her? I can't advise you on the meds; it's a personal decision we each need to make. It definitely can't hurt to try them for a few months, anyway. It may give you a chance to gain some strength and confidence. Keep your chin up ...

Yes depression and stress can make you feel tied all the time. Happens to me, especially now that it's winter and that it gets dark earlier.

8i hope you can come out of this slum soon. Do you have a favorite hobby?

A similar thing is happening to me too, a lot of things have happened in my life recently that are causing stress and have thrown me into a severe depression. I have tried to get back on my antidepressants as I have been off, but my doctor's office keeps sending me to a voicemail where I leave a message and nobody calls me back. Awesome.

I don't know if I have much advice for you, as I'm not quite sure what to do myself. Headaches every day, sleeping 12 hours a day, crying every day, wanting to do things but then not doing them. Anti depressants might be a good thing to look in to. I sympathize, and hope you start to feel better soon!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!