Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

If you have read my "Fiesta time or no way Jose"here is an update....I talked to my sister-in-law yesterday and she said SHE got the sv*on Wens. and Thurs. but she felt a little better. She thinks the kids are ok(obviously one or all of them are still contagious)My neice Sydney go tit a week before and the other two got it sometime after. I have'nt talked to my mother-in-law yet to see if she and my f.i.l got it and as of yesterday, my b.i.l does'nt have it.However, ONe of them could also be carring it right?Here are my worries:1)the bathroom-I'm sure at least ONE of my kids will need to pee while we are there. 2)the babypool-need I say more?3)the food-prepare by a still contagious person,and my neice Bailey is notorious for "sharing" food and drinks 4)kisses all around5)the kids are all going to be sharing toys which will have germy drool on themBut here is my problem,I told her my kids are doing better just coughing but my hubby is still sick and his allergies are still bothering him as well so hei s really still not feeling well so I'm not sure about going.....but I will feel soooooo guilty if we don't go.But I am soooo scared-and I don't know how I'll be able to keep a good eye on the kids-ya know,make sure they are not being exposed while their playing.I'm also afraid I might just make a specticle out of myself-it may be worse if IDO go.My husband said he would take them,but to me, that's almost worse than not going at all because Iwon't have any controll over the situation.HELP!!!What do Ido? Edited by: swiftette

I think I would probally just be straight up with her and say, Look, you all have been sick and so have we, sorry, but we will not be coming to the party. Didnt you say its like a two hour drive too? Maybe you guys can go see them next weekend, when everyone should be feeling fine and not contagious anymore. I know that you will feel bad for not going , but which would be worse .......... not going, or going and then putting yourself through all that worry for days afterwards? You know, I think I would be more worried about my s-i-l- preparing the food, since she was the one that has been sick in the last few days. Basically my feelings on this are, if you dont feel comfortable going, dont go.

Let us know what you decide.

UPDATE: my husband just talked to my mother in law and she is'nt going tomorow because....you guessed it SHE's got it!AAAARRRGGHH!I wish under the circumstances my s.i.l would just cancell!

Maybe she will just cancel, I dont think I would go. Do you really want to now, knowing what you know?

This seems like a pretty contagious bug. I wouldn't go. Just tell her that your family is just getting over being sick and you don't want to expose them to something else while their immune systems are down. I agree with Leigh, she should just cancel, but you have to take care of your family and she should understand.

I think that this one is a no-brainer. Don't go.