Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am going to be doing something extremely brave on Monday and Tuesday. My AA sponsor is going to Columbus for two days and she asked me to stay with her 7-year-old daughter. She's done so much for me, that I couldn't even think of saying no.

I love this little girl. She's very sweet and loveable--even gives me kisses and hugs! But she was a sick baby and has digestive problems up the ying-yang and throws up a lot (she has only one kidney, has lactose intolerance, acid reflux, and food allergies.) But surprisingly, this doesn't scare me. If she throws up while I'm watching her, it will most likely be from her not digesting her food properly. She's v* so much in her life, she probably isn't scared of it anymore.

I'm still nervous though, if she gets really really sick. She's allergic to bees and if she gets stung, I have to give her one of those shots! Agh! That scares me more than the possibility of her v*. If I administer the shot improperly, she could be very sick. Eek!

But I'm still looking forward to this. She is a lot of fun and I can't wait to play with her and stuff. Wish me luck and send lots of prayers my way!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think it is wonderful that you are doing this. I am sending lots of good thoughts and prayers your way!!!! Let us know how it goes. Will you be able to get online while you are there?

I wishyou luck-I'm sure everything will be great!!!

Aww, that's so cool! You will have a great time! Plus if she gets sick so often you are right she probably doesn't get scared and just goes and does it. As for the shot I'm sure her mom will go over it w/ you and you will do just fine, assuming you even need to administer it. Good luck and enjoy your time w/ the little girl! Good practice for motherhood right? but you get to give her back.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Good luck! I think you are going to be just fine. It's different when a kid you care about (like one of your own) throws up, you don't care about yourself at that particulat moment. It's about them...making them feel better, and helping them get cleaned up (my only experience is with my son who is still little and doesn't run to the toilet to v*). You'll be great, and what you are doing is excellent. There are good people out there, like yourself, who are willing to face their own fears to help another human being. That, my emet companion, is what the human spirit is all about!

Crystal[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Aww Heather - thats excellent to hear that ur going to do this! look how far uve come since we first started chatting on the forum!! its only for two days tho....but im so so sure that your positive attitude and strength will get u thro anything if it happens...keep us posted and let us know if u need some 'online' support!

hugs
    ems xx

Well, I'm back from the baby-sitting experience. It was mostly fun! I got to play like a little kid for two days and see the world through the eyes of a child. It was a blessing.

There were no v* incidents, or even stomachaches! Yes! No bee stings either. The only scary thing that happened was when she got hurt on the playground and skinned her knees. She overreacted and screamed, "I think I broke my leg!" and that freaked me out. But I remained calm on the outside and took care of the scrapes just fine.

But then, last night, we had a "slumber party" and slept on blankets in the living room. An hour after she fell asleep, she woke up crying hysterically and wouldn't tell me what was wrong! I begged her to tell me, but she just curled in a ball and cried. I thought she was sick or something, but I guess she just missed her mom and her knees were bothering her.

But 90% of it was fun. I'm just not ready for kids just yet. I liked coming home and being a grown-up again! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm so glad it went well for you, Heather! It sounds like you had a pretty good time. Something tells me that when you are ready to have kids you're going to be a great mom!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Way to go Heather, it is fun having little kids around, we can be kids ourselves. I am glad that everything went well for you.

yay!! how great are you?! i remember you!! i just wanted to congratulate you on your achievement.. looking after kids can be really tough sometimes.. but she sounds like she was in the best of hands with you there to look after her! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]i had to laugh at her mellow-dramatic-ness though, about her leg!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]bless her!!

well done again!! <3 x

well done Heather!! im proud of u babe!! this is such an achievment - uve come along way since when we first chatted on the site abt four years ago!!

ems xx

Thanks you guys! I'm doing so much better than I was this time last year. It was a great experience and I can't wait to have my own kids someday!