Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I want to hide and cry

I have been posting on different forums here. My 5 year old son has been v* every hour since 2am...it's now 9am and he's went 2hrs not v* so far. He cannot sleep, he continues to move around trying to find some comfort while laying down. I'm so scared and waiting for the next time he will do it again or yet when it will hit me next. I bleached the kitchen floor where it first happened and continue to wipe down the toilet after each episode. I'm freaking out because I've been sanding by his side each episode trying to comfort him. I'm scared there is a huge chance I've inhaled v* particles. Please someone give me some encouragement, hope, words of wisdom...I'm going insane. Oddly enough I just posted last week how I was terrified of my son catching this I can't even think about eating and my stomach is in knots.
    My Jacob makes life beautiful.

Default Re: I want to hide and cry

A lot of the viruses kids get, the parents DO NOT GET. We are immune to many.

Sorry you're going through such a rough time. It will be over soon.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Sorry that you're going through this. I'm going through the same thing. 2 weeks ago my 4 year old had it, then last week my 7 month old came down with it and my husband. My baby is still throwing up some night's and I'm just hoping and praying that it's finished now. I am the only one who hasn't had it and I'm hoping it stays that way. You can do it and it will all be over soon. Just think that he'll be better for xmas and hopefully that's it for this year. Hugs...I know how you're feeling xx

Thanks! I hope you're right ladies. That sounds awful that your baby is still getting sick, I don't think I could stay sane if my son vomited for a week or more. Oh goodness I hope this is short lived.

Son just ate turkey bites, crackers and cheese. He seems to be doing better, I hope it stays down tonight and there's been no d* yet.

Hello, trust me when I say it is not quite as likely for parents to come down with the viruses their children do, though possible of course. It is about your mindset, your diet and of course hygiene habits. Which yours seem top notch!

I have been in a stomach virus hell myself and have been on a health food strictly kick. So far so good. Hope I didn't jinx myself haha... so we're right here with you. It's just another season to make it through.

Find rest though, just rest in your spirit, soul, and mind. We cannot change some things aside from our own thinking and what you need right now is peace and rest. I am crossing my fingers and praying for you. Hang on tight!
    Life is so worth living.

Thanks so much, he's doing better today and I began the cleaning process. I've bleached all surfaces imaginable and steam cleaned the carpet, bathed the child, dog and myself. I hope I've eliminated most the virus. Now I can only rely on washing my hands till they fall off. :P