Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default SV question. Very confused please help.

So I was thinking today about the when I had gotten sick with noro and had v* and the two last time I did, I remember feeling very hungry. The first one I remember I felt like I was starving all day and I kept eating amd I didn't eat more than usual or anything like that and then later on I had terrible d* and v*
    Then the last one it was on Christmas Day and we were coming back from the movies and I felt pretty hungry so I got a large hot chocolate and ate two slices of raisin bread and immediately after I felt soo terrible and a few hours later I v* and my brother had gotten sick right after me and the night before he got sick he was telling me how hungry he was and nothing was filling him and I knew right away he was gonna get sick.

So is that normal to feel like that before you get sick? I know a lot of people say that if you really have a SV you won't have an appetite but then why do I feel the opposite. So now I always get scared whenever I feel hungry and I will have a thought that maybe I'm sick and that's why I have a lot of eating issues. Does anyone have any similar experiences? And is that a normal feeling to have before you get sick?

Default Re: SV question. Very confused please help.

I never felt hungry when I had mine...

but I will be the first to tell you, hunger is uncomfortable but you can get COMFORTABLE with it. See I don't like eating because I don't like the thought of food in my stomach so being hungry is a comfort for me.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Maybe hunger was your body's way of somehow trying to fight it off. It's really hard to say. I've always not even wanted to go anywhere near food when I've gotten it.

I thought that the "not hungry" feeling test was when nausea starts to kick in, not the few hours before the illness actually starts, but I may be wrong. As in, if you are nauseous and feeling ill and the thought of food makes you feel sicker, you have a sv*. But if you can eat even though you're nauseous, you're in the clear.

I sort of had a similar experience. I remember being starving all day and ate a big lunch, then when I was getting ready to run to the store I ate a banana and a piece of chocolate because I was so hungry still. The second, and I mean the exact second I finished eating that snack it hit me.

Years ago when I had sv*, I was really really hungry the whole day, then suddenly I started feeling sick.
    I'm pretty sure this is what started my emetophobia. My sister had come home with her young daughter because her husband was. Then she caught it but I wasn't all that concerned...then I caught it and I've been concerned ever since!
    But I know it's also not always the case. My roommate was sick this past weekend and she wasn't hungry at all, until she started to v*. Then she wanted to eat.
    Those buggers are so bizarre, sometimes.

Murder, I feel the same way! Don't like the thought/feeling/sounds of food in my stomach. I feel more comfortable hungry, even though I eat because I have to, and I want a strong healthy body. AND, I like being hungry because that means, in my twisted mind, that I'm not sick. It's crazy but for some reason makes sense in my mind...

Lilwng that's exactly how it was for me the moment I finished eating that snack it hit me and I didn't feel sick while I was eating it just right after and the next thing I know I got sick. And fivefeetshort I'm glad I'm not the only one. And it scares me now when I feel really hungry so now I have this messed up view on food and that's why I'm really underweight and my phobia is worse because I feel like I can't trust my body...weird I know

But when it hits me and I do feel sick the smell and thought of good just grosses me out and that's how I knew I was gonna be sick is when I smelled some cookies and it made me sick to my stomach

asheley26, I know what you mean! Especially at times like this - my roommate had the sv* Saturday and ever since I am terrified to eat anything because I don't want to get done eating and be like oh, crap, now I feel awful! I've just been eating toast, crackers, english muffins, etc....probably not the best idea, but...

Also I can't think about having food in my stomach. After I eat a lot sometimes I think about how it's just sitting there and it freaks me out and makes me feel sick.

I had a sv* a coule months...and i felt hungry the whole time. I never V*, but had D* for a few days... and i didnt eat anything for a very long time..i guess thats why i was hungry. I didnt want to eat tho, bc i was too afraid it would come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    Murder, I feel the same way! Don't like the thought/feeling/sounds of food in my stomach. I feel more comfortable hungry, even though I eat because I have to, and I want a strong healthy body. AND, I like being hungry because that means, in my twisted mind, that I'm not sick. It's crazy but for some reason makes sense in my mind...
    I'm exactly the same - I always feel "safer" when I'm hungry, but panic like MAD when it's a 'normal' time to feel hungry and I'm not... I guess I associate hunger with healthiness - this may not be the case, taking into account the comments above. Very interesting actually...if not a little alarming! I guess we all know what it feels like to be 'OK' as individuals though - everyone's bodies react differently..