Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Cool Who is the most understanding/helpful person you run to with your emet?

My mom is for me. She knows all of the crazy stuff that I have done to avoid/ has watched me get sick on her floor while punching myself and pinching myself (as an adult) and has had me call her up crying and begging her to come home because I thought for sure I had sv (when I didn't and she was on vacation to visit her mom a state away, again... as an adult!) She jokes about it with me and never really has all that much to say about it, I mean she's like... "okay here we go again, you're not sick, you're fine... etc. etc. etc." but for some reason talking to her always makes me feel better and I would be totally lost without her! She's my best friend and even though she knows everything about how crazy I can be sometimes she loves me and believes in me which is I guess why I go to her for everything.

Though honestly I also run to you guys now too, especially if it's in the middle of the night or something because you all especially know what I am going through. Just some encouraging words and compassion are all I'm looking for I suppose when I am down and out. And I always get that here, so I appreciate that!

What about you guys?
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Who is the most understanding/helpful person you run to with your emet?

Aweeee see? We're all a big dysfunctional family! YAY!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Default Re: Who is the most understanding/helpful person you run to with your emet?

My mom and dad. My boyfriend was one of my safe people but he is now my ex, so I guess not anymore. And friends I have made here! Some of my friends nearby are helpful as well, but they don't really get it as well.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My mom can talk me down from any anxiety attack, so that's who I usually go to first. My fiance is someone who I've been opening up to more and more about this, but it took me a long time to admit that I was actually an emetophobe to him. My grammy is the other person I go to, as (strange as this sounds) she's a pro at v*ing as she's had many, many health issues and can help me put things into perspective.

My boyfriend is the most understanding person I think, but then again that's only to a point.

He calms me down when I start to panic and when I'm in bed and my anxiety's get worse but he doesn't understand when he is poorly and I wont look after him, so its understanding but not 100%

and of course all of you lot on here!
    I know you find it hard to shine,
    When every turn you take is lined,
    With the fear of never making it alive.

The word Hope means a lot to me for many different reasons.

Tumblr blog about my Emet:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My mother.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

In total honesty, no one.

This forum helps at the height of an attack/saga though.

Oddly enough, my boss(I suspect he is also emet) and my closest girlfriend(not so oddly!).

my wife, definatly for putting up with me lol!

My brother... he tells me the facts straight up (he's a medical resident) when I ask him what my risks are of getting sick and just pretty much knows how to answer so it'll calm me. Then again he's used to dealing with worried patients so... probably that's why.

Definitely my fiance she is the most understanding person I have ever met. She is so understanding that she has her own account on here to help other partners and to see what is going on. She has the tolerance and positivity of a saint and I wouldn't be where I am with my emet without her I am a very lucky girl

My mom is awesome, she can talk me down from anything, she just knows to what to do and say. My girlfriend is pretty good too, but she doesn't always know what to say, but she is always really supportive. When there was a noro outbreak at her work (she's a nurse), she stripped as soon as she got home and did the wash, and double gloved and wore a gown when she was around people with it. So, I'm lucky to have such great people in my life.

My husband. Definitely my "safe person" . I feel better when I come on here, too! For some reason, in moments of anxiety & panic, it helps me if I respond to someone else's post. Kind of like getting out of my own head

my older sister. She has stayed in the hospital with me for days. And when i was in the psych ward she came to visit me every day. My mom did too, but she tries to always make light of it and sometimes i just need someone to understand how frightening it really is.

For quite a long time now since losing my previous girlfriend nearly two years ago I've lived my life in pretty much isolation, so I don't have any real 'friends', not much family either.

Those I'm closest to are probably a few people I chat to on Tumblr.

no one except me.

My dog, lol He's always there for me.

My mom is understanding and so is my boyfriend, but I just hate bothering them with my crazy. 90% of the time I panic alone in my room. If I can't talk to someone who actually has emet then I'd rather just be alone to deal with it.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

You guys are lucky! I know no one apart from the people I talk to on forums that understand my phobia. My family doesn't, my friends don't, no one apart from people on here and some other forums, ugh.

E R I N and L I Z <3 and all of you other wonderful members here. Thank gawd for technology (never thought I'd say that hehe)
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    E R I N and L I Z <3 and all of you other wonderful members here. Thank gawd for technology (never thought I'd say that hehe)
    Aww, thank love!!! You have been my rock SOOOO many times!!! Heather as well!!! I am glad we live in different time zones so we can talk pretty much all day!!!! Erica, Shanel, and Laura! Thanks for listening to me online and on here!

But everyone else who have replied to my posts or someone who has posted something that I was afraid to!!!

My mother and husband!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I agree you guys have been wonderful to me over the last year since I joined. It is nice to know others understand what goes on in the mind of an emet.

Other than you guys, definitely my mommy. Given the fact that she too fights/fought with anxiety issues she can help me through. I talk to her everyday and don't know what I would do without her. My husband is a good guy too, but doesn't understand this phobia so much.