Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question I'm scared but I'm ready to fight.

Hi, my name is Kate. I'm 24 years old and a graduate student going to school to be a high school English teacher.
    I've been battle emetophobia since I was about 10 years old. My parents got divorced and when I was 11 I was sexually abused by my father. Since then, I've experienced crippling anxiety off and on, ranging from fear of leaving my house, to cutting and hurting myself, to completely debilitating panic attacks. But, somehow I've battled all of those and come out on top. This is not the case with the emetophobia. I'm terrified and I feel completely alone. I don't know anyone else who has this problem, and I feel like I can't relate to anybody. I'm starting some very intense therapy tomorrow, and I need to beat this. I need to get better.
    I will be posting on here with my progress, and i could use as much encouragement and love as possible. God bless the Internet and the ability to communicate with people like me.
    I'm open to all advice too. I have to beat this.
    Thank you so much. Just typing this made me feel a little better. <3

Default Re: I'm scared but I'm ready to fight.

Hey there Kate

Welcome to the site I am glad you have found us and that you seem to be feeling better in the knowledge we are here.

You are not alone, there are always people here that can relate and we are here to help and support you as much as we can. Each one of us varies in our recovery stage so you will get a wide range of advice and understanding feel free to private message me if you feel you want a chat one to one, I myself have been through therapy and meds

Again, welcome!

Elphie x

Default Re: I'm scared but I'm ready to fight.

Thank you! I went to my first day of therapy today and it was extremely difficult telling my new therapist about all my fears and anxieties. I started having a panic attack during the discussion because I've never discussed these issues with anyone before, save my fiance or my mom. The best thing about therapy today was that when I came home, I actually ate a pretty good amount of food. I'm definitely excited to use this as a way to communicate with like minded and friendly people. Thanks again!