Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It seems that EVERYONE

has or had the flu or stomach virus. Ugh. What to rattle my nerves. I just hope and pray my 3 boys nor I get sick.
    My boys got a sv** in Sept & they passed it around to each other in 2 week span and I was okay, and calm.

I hafta keep thinking, everything will be okay

Its hard, but, its all going to be fine!

Default Re: It seems that EVERYONE

I know what you mean. My husband had it Saturday and I just started feeling at ease this morning. Now.....I get to work and my friend is out sick with it today. UGH, its everywhere!!
    Makes my stomach hurt worrying all the time.

Hang in there! Everything will be ok.

I can`t understand why people are so susceptible to noro, don`t they ever wash their ****ing hands!

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I can`t understand why people are so susceptible to noro, don`t they ever wash their ****ing hands!

its more than just that, it seems the strain going around this year is super contagious. it just ran through our home too this last weekend and i bleached everything. i told you guys back in october it was going to be a rough year. i just heard on the news influenza is making a big early dent as well and that the vaccine may not be as effective as previous years. i blame the weird ass weather we have has this year. i can only hope these viruses peak early and is over with sooner than usual.

The problem with noro is that is takes such a small number of viral particles to cause illness and that is is very good at surviving on soft surfaces and easily cross-contaminates other surfaces. So let's say someone's kids are sick, they clean the visible mess, but not the rest of the bathroom that is contaminated with little droplets full of virus... they wash their hands, completely oblivious to the fact that the entire sink and hardware is contaminated. So they contaminate their hands again. Then they go to work, contaminate the bus poles. You touch the bus pole, and then touch your phone. You wash you hands when you get home, think you're safe, touch your phone again and now you have noro on your hands again. See? Even with hand washing it can fall through the loopholes.

I will reiterate what AoD said specifically about phones, if people used wet ones on their damn phones we would probably see less of the virus. My brother sits on the toilet with his, no wonder these viruses survive.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I completely agree. And also, those that get sick ( the ones that don't wash their hands) will also breathe, sigh, and touch everything with their germy hands that they dont wash for others to get sick as well.

Some people are so darn lazy to wash their hands. it's sad. We're humans...meant to be..clean! I love this post && you're so right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinetic View Post
    I will reiterate what AoD said specifically about phones, if people used wet ones on their damn phones we would probably see less of the virus. My brother sits on the toilet with his, no wonder these viruses survive.

I agree! These viruses love nastyness like this && some just dont get it.. they dont understand they live on these kinda surfaces, but yet, they never wash or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by copper816 View Post
    I know what you mean. My husband had it Saturday and I just started feeling at ease this morning. Now.....I get to work and my friend is out sick with it today. UGH, its everywhere!!
    Makes my stomach hurt worrying all the time.

Hang in there! Everything will be ok.
    Thank you so much girl. Are you okay? Is your hubby better and friend? Bless your heart. You sound like me..dodging it everywhere.

I've been dodging this virus . I just really hope I dont get it. I dodged a virus strain the whole month of September..wish it could happen this time! I'm trying to stay clean..clean!

viruses strains*

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    Try not to focus on the germs that could be everywhere. It will make you go insane. Wash hands. Clean affected areas. Try to turn off the news.
    i agree with cynna. i know how it seems like EVERYONE is getting 'it.' but think about all the people who dont! yes, i know noro is particularly virulent, but this is not bubonic plague status here, it's not going to wipe out 80% of the population in one go. im not saying you shouldnt take care of yourself or im not worried about catching it...cuz i totally am. i just dont think saying things like 'its going to be unusually bad this year' is helpful or true becuase its ALWAYS bad! its a irksomely contagious and horrible virus. it has quite an unpleasant effect on hospitals and nursing homes, where people are really at risk for greater complications for catching such a virus. i think influenza is a real threat because it is so incapacitating. however, i think we should all stick to the things we can control; keeping ourselves clean and healthy. worrying about the other stuff isnt useful