Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's in my house! Help pls

My baby girl (11m) was v Tuesday night. My husband took care of her sick but I was with her closely before and after and I bathed the mess off of her. I wash my hands like a freak, and sanatize with bleach, but I'm afraid she might have been contagious before symptoms started. Is this usually the case? I can't stop taking my Ativan because im deathly afraid that my son or I will get it next. I'd rather me get it than him... She had no fever, 3 loose bm's, and had 5 episodes of v and it was done. What are the odds my son will get it?? Or me? He didn't share anything with her but he's always in her face playing. Help? Advice?

Default Re: It's in my house! Help pls

It could be Rotavirus. Are you in the US? (There's a vaccine in the US for it.) Rotavirus generally only hits young kids.

I think I've read that people are only contagious from when they start feeling sick? So once she v* or had a loose bm* that's when she would have started being contagious... since the germs are found in the particles anyways. Perhaps since she's so young she had rota which doesn't usually affect adults as bad. It sounds like you washed your hands good and cleaned good with bleach so you're probably safe taking all the proper precautions

She did have the rota vaccine. I don't think my son ever did because he is 7 and it is fairly new... But I'm sure he's actually had the rotavirus as a smaller child... If the immunity will help protect him from it? Idk. I'm wondering what the time span is that someone else will come down with it of they caught it? Thank u all.

If it is a flu virus the gestation period is 72 hours. But kids usually get it a lot sooner than that. Hope all is well with you and your family.
    ~always wishing for the best, Eveningstar~

Thanks. That would mean tonight. . How awful is it that I want to give my son a zofran before school to try to prevent it?!

Hey Cassi, if it IS rotavirus and you catch it, I seriously doubt you'd v anyhow. Adults typically don't with rota. Either way, just wash your hands well and you should be fine.

Well I just started with D. I'm not sure what virus this is, idk how I would ever find out. My husband has D at work too... I'm petrified that my little boy will get it. Maybe he brought it in the house and isn't going to? Idk.. I took 20mg of zofran. Do u think that will keep me away from n/v?? I also took 1.5 mg Ativan because I can't relax and I'm having a full on panic attack.

Zofran will definitely help with any n/v. If it is indeed rota, D will more than likely be all you get. It just doesn't affect adults the same way. Usually with the noro, you'll feel sick before D even starts.

Thanks. I'm going to look up the info on diff viruses now.

Isn't 20 mg Zofran to high of a does? I thought 8or 16 was as high as you could go.

My mistake. I took 16 mg