Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Just 5 minutes ago I got a letter of admission from the University that I am dying to go to next year! It's called UVic, it's a gorgeous University in British Columbia. I'm going to be taking Psychology (after all the probelms I've had with this phobia I want to try to pass on to other people what I've learned). Sorry for the off topic post, but I'm just really excited because I've had a hard year because of the phobia and panic attacks and everything, and I'm really proud that not only did I manage to stay in school, but I made it into University! I am a bit nervous though, because it's 12 hours away from home, AND a ferry ride (it's on an island). This is going to be a huge step in my life, that's for sure. Thanks for listening!
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

CONGRATS! this is a really exciting time in your life

I am also a pyschology major (Bsc) at university and I hope you love it as much as I do. I do have to warn you thou, first year pysch is kind of boring, because its an intro course. 2nd year and 3rd courses are much more fun, once you get the hardest first year out of the way. And if you end up taking statistics like I had to, I really suggest looking into a tutor because that is a very hard course!

Its a big adjustment, but I promice you will have the time of your life. If you have any questions let me know, I'll be happy to answer them for you.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Congratulations !! Are you from Canada or just doing your schooling here?

Congratulations! This is wonderful! You sound like you worked very hard for this and now it's paying off!! GOOD LUCK!!!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the replies! Yeah, I can see why 1st year Physchology might not be that great. Oh well, it's not as though I've made it through 13 years of school enjoying everything I've done, so I should beused to it. Snowangel, I am from Canada- I live in Calgary, AB and the school's in Victoria. It could be further, of course, so I'm glad I'm not going to Queens or anything that far away.

I really hopeI can manage to do alright and not miss too many classes while I'm there!
    \"We have nothing to fear but fear itself.\"

congratulations!!!!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"