Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I took another one of the prenatal vitamins. I felt so lousy this morning after I took one last night, but I just can't be sure it was because of the vitamin. My mom, husband and pharmacist said to keep taking them so my body gets used to them, plus it may not have even been the vitamin that caused my problems. It could have just been my IBS. I have been kind of stressed lately, and I did eat a lot of dairy again last night - not to mention I am just getting over my period.

I just took it about 2 minutes ago, so I hope everything goes okay tonight and tomorrow. This time I ate a piece of bread with it, maybe having something in my stomach will help. Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will let you know how I do in the morning!

good luck girl - its for the best interest of you im sure youll be fine
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Congrats on your pregnancy Sillygirl!!
    I have been out of town and had no idea )

When my best friend found out she was pregnant and started taking her vitamins in the mornings, they made her sick to her stomach and even made her physically ill on a few occasions. (She could literally feel just fine and then within an hour of taking them her stomach would do somersalts) My mom (who was ill everyday for nine months with her three pregnancies) gave her the onlypiece of advice that seemed to work verywell and that was to do exactly what you're doing now.

Taking the pill in the evening with a little bit ofbland food (bread, crackers, etc... and some water) and then going to bed soon after got her through it without theterrible nausea.She saidshe still felt off for a bit in the mornings, butcontrolled that by staying still in bed for about 15-20 minutes upon waking with oneleg hanging over the side on the floor.She always tried to eat a few crackers and sip some waterupon waking while sitting in bed. I think thattaking it slow and taking it easy is the best you can do!

GOOD LUCK!
    Keep us updated :O)

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Rachel ............ sillygirl is not pregnant yet, she is just going off the pill and getting on the prenatals, so she can try to get pregnant.

I always took my prenatals with my supper. The only problem I had with them was constipation. My doctor said that was from the iron in them and from all the pressure my ever expanding uterus was putting on my bowels.

I agree with what the pharmacists said, that you need to take them and let you body get used to them. If you have taken them for a week or two and you are still having trouble, then maybe they will need to be changed.

Well, so far so good. I am at work now and have some very minor cramping, but not too bad 9probably constipation like you said Leigh) so I will just have to keep drinking apple juice or somethin got counter act it.

Rachel - I wish I was pregnant! I wanted to start these early for a couple of reasons: 1) the emet diet isn't very good so I wanted to get as healthy as possible before hand 2) I figured the is enough that could upset my stomach with the pregnancy itself, I might as well get used to these first.

I'll let you know when it happens though! We are trying to wait a couple of months, but I just went off the pill so who knows!

Awww sillygirl, its so lovely to hear an emet actually going for it and trying to get pregnant! Im 30weeks pregnant now and touch wood, have had no pregnancy related illness or nausea at all! Although 2weeks ago i was put on iron tablets cause of anemia and during my last pregnancy they made me feel very sick. But this time ive had no problems. I wasnt planning on getting pregnant really so i didnt take any prenatal stuff. But I would stick with them, cos like you say emets usually have a poor diet! Although i am eating better than ever whilst being pregnant, i just cannot stop! Its been quite an experience!

I wish you lots of luck, and hope you dont have any probs falling pregnant!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Quote from Kentuckygal:staying still in bed for about 15-20 minutes upon waking with oneleg hanging over the side on the floor.She always tried to eat a few crackers and sip some waterupon waking while sitting in bed. I think thattaking it slow and taking it easy. -Thats whatI did when Iwas pregnant and it did help me alot!Great advice!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I'm glad you're nto feeling as bad today on them. Liek you said it may not have been them at all. You are smart getting used to them BEFORE you're pregnant and then your body wont' be trying to get used to a baby and the vitamins lol. Anyhow good luck and congratulations on being so brave!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I am only this brave because I think I finally found a therapist that can help me through this. She is really great - she's read everything I gave her, including what sage posted on this site. I actually just got back from an appointment with her. We made a list of everything I am afraid to do/not do - OCD and otherwise. She gave me 5 low anxiety things and one high anxiety thing to do before I see her next week. She told me she thinks that this therapy will be very fast and effective. I think because she is so sure, it makes me think more positively about it. I reallt hope this works!

Oh oops... see, clearly I've been on vacation! Thanks for clearing that up Leigh!
    Well, in that case, I wish you all the best and Iwill pray that youdo getpregnant when you're readyand that it goes on without incidence. That's a good idea starting the prenatal's early, I'd never heard of that before :O)

Other than that...for my friend, the vitamins were the only thing that really made her feel queasyand the whole taking them at night thing might still work, even if you aren't pregnant yet.

Again, GOOD LUCK!!
    I'll be thinking of you!

~Rachel
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

Rachel, where did you go on vacation?

Well, I had my pre-conception exam today and it went well. My husband went with me, too. The doctor feels that before anything further is done, he wants my husband to have a semen analysis to check his sperm count. Also, after I start my next period, I am supposed to have a progesterone level checked on day 21-23 of my menstrual cycle to see if I'm ovulating. He says based on those results, we will decide what to do next. If I'm not ovulating when I should be he plans to start me on Clomid--the fertility drug.

So, I guess we'll see. Maybe I'll be pregnant soon!

Jess

I hope everything works out for you, Jess! How does your husband feel about the analysis? I think that is kind of tough for most guys to go through. Keep us posted! Maybe we will be pregnant together!

He's a little anxious, Sillygirl. More than he wants to admit, I think. It was a little embarassing for him at the doctor's office because the receptionist could not read what the doctor had ordered and so I tried to discreetly say "semen analysis". Her and the other receptionist were talking back and forth and they didn't try to be discreet about it. Then we had to go to the lab and they instructed us how to "collect it" and that we needed to get it to the hospital within 30 minutes of collection. My husband blushed the entire time, but tried to deny that he was embarassed. He told me he figured he would have to do that.

We are having an argument right now so I don't think we'll be "collecting" any time this week!

Jess

We are in an argument right now too. Well, we were last night anyway, and now I'm not so sure whats going to happen with the pregnancy. I am actually thinking about just going back on the pill and putting it off for a while. I've missed 3 pills though - can I go back on or should I wait for my period to start again?

Glad to hear we're not the only ones arguing right now, Sillygirl. Mine is a long story and I won't get into it since it really isn't that big of a deal. I guess it is really more of a misunderstanding. I am trying to compromise about something and my husband wants it all his way or nothing at all! We may just have to wait until next week to do the sperm count thing.

I don't know what you're arguing about but you shouldn't let one argument interfere with your pregnancy plans. If you have decided that you don't want to get pregnant right now, you could use an alternative form of birth control until it is time for you to start your pills again. You don't want to mess up your cycle by starting them late.

Well, I hope you guys get things straightened out. Marriage is tough sometimes!

Jess

It was pretty big and I'm not sure what he's feeling anymore. I still want to get pregnant as we planned, but I think he is doubting it now. I won't get into everything either, but part of what I think the trigger was for delaying the baby is he wanted to know everything about my fear. Up until know he has known I have the phobia, but I don't think he really understood how it affects me. My therapist had me write a list of everything I am afraid to do/not to do, including all of my OCD tendencies. I let him read it and I think it really shocked him to learn how deeply rooted this phobia is. He hasn't said it, but I am afraid he is doubting whether he is up for the challenge, knowing all of my problems. He told me he wants to wait a while to have kids now and I think his doubt has made me doubt myself.Maybe he will get over it, but maybe not. I don't really want to risk it because I don't think I could handle everything on my own.

I don't want to mess with my cycle, so I think I will just wait until my next period to start the pills again.

I've decided to go back and get my MBA in the meantime. I feel kind of lost now, and I need something to keep myself busy.

Jess, I'm glad you're appt. went OK. Those receptionists should kep their traps closed! I knwo for them it's a daily thing but not everyone is comfortable w/ sperm collection in casual conversation!

Sillygirl, I'm sorry you're thinking of not trying. I am glad you're waiting to go back ont he pill, not only so your cycle isnt' off but also because than your husband will have time to get over the shock. He may have just had a knee jerk reaction. I mean we have our entire life's built up ont his phobia and all that goes w/ it to and it is very "normal" to us but for someone who doesn't have this phobia I can see where the chock would kick in hard. No mater what I hope you can come to soem sort of understanding. Plus w/ this great therapist you may not have this long laundry list for much longer and then he won't have his reservations. Anyhow I'm sorry both of you are fighting w/ your hubbys and hope all turns out for the best!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

[img]smileys/smilies_46.gif[/img]HUGS for Kim and Jess.!!!!
    \"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans\"-John Lennon

I've been trying to talk to him throughout the day, but it is really hard at work because I keep almost crying (like I am doing by writing this!). He said he thinks it got blown out of proportion last night, butI want him to have more time to let it sink in. Like you said Simply, by waiting to get back on the pill, we will both have time to think about what we want. I was actually getting kind of excited about going back to school, but my husband and I had also talked about doing it together. It would be nice to have a live-in study partner though! And I'm not sure he can go back in January. It depends on where he is working and if they will help pay for it. I think I am too tired to think straight right now. I will let you know what happens aftr we get a chance to talk some more.

My thoughts are with both of you and your husbands too. Everyone always says that having a child is the most wonderful thing in the world "when you're both ready"... and to quote my best friend from a paper I had to write

"I'ts a huge responsiblity, but It's the best thing I've ever experienced. I never thought that I could possibly have this much love for another human being as long as I lived, when he was born, it came so naturally. I laugh when he laughs, I cry when he cries, but mostly... I feel so very, very blessed."

So take your time and think things through andknow that all ofour best wishes are with you gals.

P.S.~ Leigh, I just got back from Nags Head, NC last week... it was cold and yucky and not at all normal weather, but I think we're making up for that with the 90 degree temps here in Kentucky! It's true what they say, "It ain't the heat, it's the humidity that'll kill ya!"

~Rachel
    My journal

wink

Unknown

Thanks Rachel. You are right, it will be wonderful, but not if we both aren't ready. That is actually how my in-laws are - well kind of. They have a four year old now and my m.i.l. wanted to have another baby, but my f.i.l. didn't. When she was pregnant and even now he doesn't play a huge part in the little kid's life. I don't want that to happen with us. Not that I think my husband would neglect the baby or anything - I'm positive he would actually love every minute of it, but I don't want him to think I pressured him into it or regret having one right now.

I'm starting to wonder if this make sany sense. I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night - my husband was up v* from all of the stress he has right now, so I am about to fall asleep at the computer. I really want to go home and go to bed, but there are some things I have to get done before I leave. And they are not going well. Hopefully I will be out of here soon!